• Angela Ahrendts Notes New Education Promotion in the Works

We reported that Apple’s annual Back to School promotion was not offered this year and seeing that it is already almost the end of the month and still no word from Apple, it was safe to assume the company wasn’t holding it this year. However, Apple’s SVP of Retail Angela Ahrendts noted recently that an offering that is comparable may be in the works and coming soon.

Ahrendts told Apple Store employees in the weekly global video that there will soon be a new educational promotion, which will likely replace the company’s Back to School discount program. According to Consomac, the announcement should take place soon. The SVP of Retail stated:

I'm sure many of you are thinking also 'but is there anything else for Back to School?' Well, I need you to wait until next week's video and I'll share a little bit more insight with you then.
    Based on Ahrendt’s video, it sounds like Apple’s annual Back to School offering will be coming to an end while another education promotion will be beginning. We can’t help but wonder if the new promotion will be offering product discounts in the same way the old ones did. Many customers waited until this time of year specifically to purchase new laptops and other Apple products.

There is not yet a confirmed date for this new program and we’re still not sure when Apple plans to have this announcement, as they didn’t even mention anything about cancelling the original program. Apple typically ran the promotion the first week of July of every year. Were you looking forward to the discounts this year? Share with us in the section below.

Source: Consomac
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Angela Ahrendts Notes New Education Promotion in the Works started by Akshay Masand View original post
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook