• Record Breaking Sales Not Good Enough for Apple Investors in Q3 Report

It's official. Apple had another blockbuster, record-breaking quarter.

But shares of AAPL are tanking after hours. Why? Apparently, it wasn't as much of a blockbuster as some investors were hoping for today.

All told, Apple sold 47.5 million iPhones last quarter, a 35 percent jump over the same quarter in 2014. But analysts were looking for 48.8 million shipments. Apple also forecast revenue of $49-$51 billion in its fiscal Q4. The average analyst estimate is for $51.1 billion -- yet another "disappointment."

For its fiscal Q3, Apple sold close to 11 million iPads, a decline of 18% from last year. No Apple watch sales numbers were reported, a factor that some analysts find unnerving.

"We had an amazing quarter, with iPhone revenue up 59 percent over last year, strong sales of Mac, all-time record revenue from services, driven by the App Store, and a great start for Apple Watch," said Apple CEO Tim Cook. "The excitement for Apple Music has been incredible, and we're looking forward to releasing iOS 9, OS X El Capitan and watchOS 2 to customers in the fall."

Notwithstanding the strong results, shares of AAPL are down 7% in after hours trading.

Source: Apple
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Record Breaking Sales Not Good Enough for Apple in Q3 Report started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 6 Comments
      therandy -
      They have been hiding watch sales since its release....I wonder what is up? The easy answer would be that it did horribly! But DID it really? Did Apple skew the shipping times to make it look like a successful launch? Even still, I jumped on the bandwagon like most of the diehards...and I'm completely satisfied with my Apple Watch!

Not good for Apple, if the easy answer is correct. But I know of personally 8 people hat WANT one but said from day one that they are waiting for Apple Watch 2
      Carvensno -
      Greed!!! Plus how can they tanking? It's only down 1.32 points. I have seen that other days also. But can't blame not enough sales. Hell the whole stock in general took a big dump today, not just Apple! Lol smh
      Silverado1987 -
      I want one as well but I'm gonna wait for the 2nd gen just to see what the deal is. also a lot of people buy 3 or 4 iPhones keep one and sell the rest and ridiculous prices on eBay. they couldn't do that this time around. not to mention people couldn't go in stores to get them at the time which I'm sure hindered customer sales, as a lot of people want to try it out before buying it. same with the iPad it did weird sales but people caught on. i still have yet to try one on as my closest apple store is an hour and a half away in orlando.
      Carvensno -
      I like and happy with my 42mm Sport Model. Battery last all day and only takes about 1 hour to charge from 20% using a iPad wall charger. That's using all the features also including heart rate, activity for exercising 2hrs a day.
      NSXrebel -
      This is strictly stock manipulations. Plain and simple. Greedy ******* wall street.
      therandy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
      I want one as well but I'm gonna wait for the 2nd gen just to see what the deal is. also a lot of people buy 3 or 4 iPhones keep one and sell the rest and ridiculous prices on eBay. they couldn't do that this time around. not to mention people couldn't go in stores to get them at the time which I'm sure hindered customer sales, as a lot of people want to try it out before buying it. same with the iPad it did weird sales but people caught on. i still have yet to try one on as my closest apple store is an hour and a half away in orlando.
      Haha, I'm in the same boat. I live in Ocala. And the drive to Orlando SUCKS.

I travel for work and was able to get to an apple store in NY sooner than I would have of I had planned an Orlando trip. I hate that drive
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook