• Second iOS 9 & OS X El Capitan Public Betas Now Available

On Wednesday, Apple has released secondary public betas of its upcoming iOS 9 and OS X El Capitan operating systems for Public Beta Program participants, which are slated to launch for everyone in the Fall.

The new public betas come just under two weeks after the original public betas and iOS 9 public beta has the same build number of 13A4305g that came with yesterday's iOS 9 beta 4 release. Essentially, this means they should be identical.

The Public Beta Program allows beta testers to test out the pre-release firmware ahead of the public release, which helps Apple to collect bug reports and stabilize its firmware for the official public release. Moreover, betas allow developers to start getting their applications ready for the latest version of iOS, which helps make the transition to the new firmware as smooth as possible.

Those already using iOS 9 Public Beta 1 will be able to upgrade to Public Beta 2 right from the OTA (Over the Air) Software Update function in the Settings application, while those with OS X El Capitan Public Beta 1 will be able to upgrade via the Mac App Store's Updates tab. It's worth noting that Apple has just disabled App Store reviews from people running beta firmwares to prevent unnecessary negative feedback on applications.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Second iOS 9 & OS X El Capitan Public Betas Now Available started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 8 Comments
      ady199 -
      Can you un-install the beta if you find problems with it?
      Silverado1987 -
      Quote Originally Posted by ady199 View Post
      Well if it's your phone just restore to the recent firmware of 8.4. If it's your computer just create a second small partition to install it on. You can always restore the partition if you don't want it anymore and you don't have to rely on a buggy software as your main OS
      Hondamaker -
      Quote Originally Posted by ady199 View Post
      Yes. I went back to 8.4 after after public beta 1 of ios 9.
      bmwraw8482 -
      Is there a change log anywhere?
      Silverado1987 -
      Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
      Is there a change log anywhere?
      You should YouTube detroitborg.
      bmwraw8482 -
      I hate to say it but it's almost more fun waiting for a new beta release than a new jailbreak [emoji15]
      mulezsti -
      So has anyone on the beta 2 having issues where you cannot swipe for the Control Center or the Notification Drop down? It was hit or miss and a restart would normally fix it but I can't get it to work in beta 2.
      mulezsti -
      Nevermind. I googled and figured it out. Not sure how that fixed it but hey it's working now.

Now I want to know if Apple has released the full functioning Apple Wallet in the ios9 beta. It looks different but I can't see how to add my loyalty cards. I hope that get ironed out in the official release at a minimum.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook