• Research Firm Canalys Estimates Apple Shipped 4.2M Apple Watches in First Quarter

A recent report from research firm Canalys notes that approximately 4.2 million Apple Watch devices were shipped during the June quarter. This was an estimate as Apple did not provide any official numbers or detailed figures in their most recent results call. The number given makes the Apple Watch one of the most sought after smartwatches as it surpasses other wearable devices and fitness trackers. It is definitely surprising since the device has a starting price tag of $349, whereas other wearable devices begin at a much cheaper price.

The estimate is actually obstructed due to Apple not releasing the Apple Watch last year during the holidays. Because of not launching the wearable device earlier, they had low shipments during the months of April and June. The Cupertino-based company only began having Apple Watch availability in stores about a month ago. Before that until mid-June, the device was only available through their online presence. During the recent results call, Apple CEO Tim Cook noted that sales of the smartwatch went beyond what they expected internally.

Previous estimates from Wall Street predicted Apple sold 4 million devices in the June quarter, which was pretty close to what Canalys estimated whereas Wells Fargo was not as generous with their numbers, estimating only 2 million units.

Source: Canalys
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Research Firm Canalys Estimates Apple Shipped 4.2M Apple Watches in First Quarter started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 3 Comments
      vedavis -
      I'd really like to know how many watches are being used and the frequency of usage. I find mine indispensable, but there are many more disses than approvals in blog comment sections.
      bigboyz -
      I love my Apple Watch. It makes life a little easier. Reminds me of cell phones in general. Not for everyone but those that enjoy them..really can't live without them :]
      Carvensno -
      I use mine all day, including 2hours of exercise using the heart rate monitor, activity app and health app. Then around 10pm, I charge it which only takes about an hour from 20-25% using a iPad wall charger. I'm happy so far with my Sport model.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook