• Surenix Teases New Multitasking Tweak in Collaboration With SwipeSelection Creator

Graphic designer Surenix, well-known for his ayecon and ayeris WinterBoard themes among other jailbreak community projects, has been teasing something big coming this week in collaboration with the well-known SwipeSelection creator FreeRunnering (iKyle), but it has been unknown what exactly the designer has been working on until the latest tease on Twitter Sunday evening.

It would appear that the two have been working on a new multitasking jailbreak tweak that will be called Alympus. The tweak appears to be highly dynamic in that the user can choose how many multitasking cards are shown at any given time with a simple multi-touch gesture. Then, dragging down on an application's preview card can close it from the App Switcher.

Although little is known about the capabilities of the tweak as a whole at this point in time, one thing is certain: it will be an excellent multi-tasking jailbreak tweak that could rival popular existing tweaks like Auxo 3 and Auxo Legacy Edition.

You can check out the Vine video that Surenix shared on Twitter Sunday morning below:

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/egPxA2l7DTA/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

We will keep you updated on this release, so stay tuned!

Source: Surenix
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Surenix Teases New Multitasking Tweak in Collaboration With SwipeSelection Creator started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 21 Comments
      scroogelives -
      Looks good! Looks like what Apple should have done all along!
      Al226 -
      Looks good, but Gridswitcher does this layout and more.
      TexasDeltaSig -
      Good news considering Auxo 3 won't be updated. Last time I purchase one of their tweaks
      DieselVexx -
      Yeah
      Sage I -
      Quote Originally Posted by Al226 View Post
      I forgot about GridSwitcher, thanks for reminding me about it... I was waiting for Auxo to get an 8.4 compatibility update, reinstalled GridSwitcher instead...
      markotak -
      Yeah, gridswitcher works excelent on 8.3, and its compatibile with tage.

Sent from my iPhone 6
      Anthony Bouchard -
      How do we even know GridSwitcher does more yet when the tweak isn't even out yet?
      markotak -
      I hope Surenix has some new feature in his tweak.

Sent from my iPhone 6
      crawford84 -
      I was hoping it was gonna be side-by-side running applications, like apple's new iPad feature in iOS 9.
      Bender1031 -
      Quote Originally Posted by crawford84 View Post
      I was hoping it was gonna be side-by-side running applications, like apple's new iPad feature in iOS 9.
      Check out Mirmir - it offers the multi-running apps sorta like the new iPad feature
      westy888 -
      Quote Originally Posted by TexasDeltaSig View Post
      Good news considering Auxo 3 won't be updated. Last time I purchase one of their tweaks
      Have A3 tweaks said they are not updating auxo 3 then ?
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      How do we even know GridSwitcher does more yet when the tweak isn't even out yet?
      I guess the poster wanted to say, Gridswitcher does more "than the teaser shows".
      Dgow452 -
      Quote Originally Posted by westy888 View Post
      Have A3 tweaks said they are not updating auxo 3 then ?
      I emailed twice in last month asking for information about an update. No reply
      Al226 -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      I guess the poster wanted to say, Gridswitcher does more "than the teaser shows".
      Lol that's what I meant [emoji12]
      politicalslug -
      Quote Originally Posted by Al226 View Post
      Gridswitcher is also notoriously unstable on iOS 8, and hasn't been updated in a while.
      Al226 -
      Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
      Gridswitcher is also notoriously unstable on iOS 8, and hasn't been updated in a while.
      Running buttery smooth on my i6
      jsuddu0109 -
      Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
      It works great for me on my iPhone 6 running 8.4
      politicalslug -
      On iOS 8.0.x and 8.1.x I had grid switcher crashing my 6 Plus left and right. I just reinstalled and haven't had a crash yet. Thanks for the heads up. I felt a loss when I had to give up my four card multitasking, and now I have it back. Having said that, this upcoming tweak definitely looks to be offering more features, but I can't yet see how I would make use of them. Four cards, for me, is perfect. 9 cards are perfect on my iPad. Come to think of it, I never had any issues with grid switcher on my iPad, but I just assumed the extra stability was the result of having more RAM.
      Sage I -
      Gridswitcher isn't giving me any trouble on my 6 plus running 8.4 and the TaiG jailbreak...
      godfred212 -
      Released ! Look stunning
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook