• Apple Looking to BMW's i3 as Platform for Rumored Apple Car

For those who don’t already know, rumors have been going around claiming Apple is working on a ‘mystery project’ where the company will be releasing an automobile. According to a new report from German business magazine Manager Magazin, the Cupertino-based company is in negotiations with auto company BMW where they will use the German company’s electric i3 as a platform for their first vehicle. BMW’s i3 is an electric hatchback that is made out of carbon fiber so that the vehicle remains light.

Apparently Apple is said to be interested in the small electric vehicle and has been negotiating with Apple since fall of last year. Manager Magazin also reported that Apple CEO Tim Cook actually made a trip out to the automaker’s factory located in Germany to see how the i3 is produced. Previous reports even said that Apple and BMW have spoken to one another before and that they were thinking of turning the i3 into an Apple Car. When that rumor circulated, BMW actually denied the claims and turned it down.

It has not yet been confirmed whether or not Apple will be releasing an ‘Apple Car’ but there has definitely been a lot of talk around it. The Cupertino-based company has even gone as far as hiring previous workers from GM, Tesla, and Ford. Rumors have noted that the tech company will produce their first vehicle by 2020, which is 5 years from now.

Source: Manager Magazin
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Looking to BMW's i3 as Platform for Rumored Apple Car started by Akshay Masand View original post
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook