• TaiG Officially Releases Mac OS X Version of its iOS 8.1.3-8.x Jailbreak Tool

Despite all the doubt surrounding the notion that there would ever be a Mac OS X version of the TaiG jailbreak for iOS 8.1.3 through to iOS 8.4, TaiG has finally come through on Sunday with a Mac OS X version of the jailbreak tool, which has been Windows-only since its initial release on June 23rd.

The Mac OS X version of TaiG, which currently stands at version 1.0 with all of the same fixes and features that are built into the Windows version of the tool, is available to download on TaiG's Web site. With the new tool now available, there is no longer any reason to use the plagiarized PP jailbreak tool for Mac OS X, which was created based off of TaiG's jailbreak code, as TaiG has claimed time and time again on their Web site, as well as on Twitter.

TaiG 1.0.0 for Mac OS X supports all of the following devices running iOS 8.1.3 through to iOS 8.4:

• iPod touch 5g
    • iPod touch 6g
    • iPhone 4s
    • iPhone 5
    • iPhone 5s
    • iPhone 5c
    • iPhone 6
    • iPhone 6 Plus
    • iPad Mini
    • iPad Mini 2
    • iPad Mini 3
    • iPad 2
    • iPad 3
    • iPad 4
    • iPad Air
    • iPad Air 2

Our guide on how to jailbreak with the tool can be read here.

Source: TaiG
    This article was originally published in forum thread: TaiG Officially Releases Mac OS X Version of its iOS 8.1.3-8.x Jailbreak Tool started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 24 Comments
      xboxbml -
      Bout time..good job TaiG team!
      zeppy -
      Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
      Care to elaborate
      I was the first to post a comment on this post by Anthony Bouchard.

That first post by me got deleted because my comment contained only the word "first".

This is the first Mac OSX jailbreak by TaiG which I will be using on my first MacBook Pro.
      bbrks -
      Perfect, when you do it, it would be nice to share your experience
      Sean Williams -
      Lousy. I can't get it to work. It won't go past 10% and gives me the -1007 message which according to taiG says that the phone is not activated. Not activated my ***!!!!
      Bo -
      I have removed several off topic posts.
      Let's try and stay on topic please.
      rolandgabor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Sean Williams View Post
      Lousy. I can't get it to work. It won't go past 10% and gives me the -1007 message which according to taiG says that the phone is not activated. Not activated my ***!!!!
      Turn off passcode lock
      Turn off wifi
      Turn off find my iPhone
      Turn off auto lock
      xboxbml -
      Don't forget turn on Airplane mode!
      Sage I -
      Oh well, glad I didn't wait all this time for the Mac version... It was kinda cool to learn how to run a virtual windows...
      NewD -
      Well bust my buttons. Taig actually made a Mac version. Never would have guessed it! Good for them. Only 40 days late to the party!
      montybello13 -
      Do you have to install the old version of itunes like with windows?
      Bo -
      Quote Originally Posted by montybello13 View Post
      No
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by montybello13 View Post
      You don't have to install old version in Windows and Mac.
      fluffybunnyabc -
      Been running pp Mac jailbreak for a week now no problems whatsoever, might be wrong they stole the jailbreak but I needed it to work and it did for anyone having issues on taig
      SmurfedYoMom -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
      Well bust my buttons. Taig actually made a Mac version. Never would have guessed it! Good for them. Only 40 days late to the party!
      It takes time to develop it since they are on different platforms with mac being a bit more complicated from what i hear. Just be thankful its out and dont sound like such a ****** bag unless you're going to do it yourself
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmurfedYoMom View Post
      It takes time to develop it since they are on different platforms with mac being a bit more complicated from what i hear. Just be thankful its out and dont sound like such a ****** bag unless you're going to do it yourself
      I didn't think he sounded like a d*****
      the_chosen_one -
      I'm gettin a message saying close iTunes and Xcode anyone know what Xcode is ??
      Brad.carmichael -
      can i update my jailbreak to taig 1.0.0. for mac with out restoring my iPhone
      vitaminme -
      doesn't work. gets stuck at 10% & phone keeps rebooting.
      tool says waiting for your iPhone & phone keeps auto rebooting. Buggy!!
      vitaminme -
      Quote Originally Posted by the_chosen_one View Post
      I'm gettin a message saying close iTunes and Xcode anyone know what Xcode is ??
      i got the same message. closed iTunes.

but after 10% phone keeps rebooting.

Xcode is developement tool for OSx
      NewD -
      So I guess their Mac tool is a piece of junk.. if most of you are getting error messages. Has anybody had success?
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook