• TaiG Updates Mac OS X Jailbreak Utility for iOS 8.1.3-8.4 to Version 1.1.0

On Tuesday, the TaiG jailbreak team launched an updated version of the iOS 8.1.3-8.4 jailbreak tool for the Mac OS X platform that was just released on Sunday.

Version 1.1.0 of the tool is now available on the TaiG Web site, in which the change log claims to fix a problem that causes a blank screen on Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks.

TaiG for Mac V1.1.0 fixes the blank screen on OS X 10.9.
    The tool doesn't add any new features and if you're already jailbroken with TaiG, there is no reason to re-run the tool over your existing jailbreak, but you still might want to download the latest version of the TaiG jailbreak tool for future jailbreaking purposes, whether you're jailbreaking a new device, or you're re-jailbreaking a device that you've ran Cydia Impactor on.

The jailbreak process continues to be the same as outlined in our guide, so if you want to follow our jailbreak guide to jailbreak your device with TaiG 1.1.0 on your Mac, you can follow our guide at this link.

TaiG 1.1.0 can be downloaded from this link.

Source: TaiG
    This article was originally published in forum thread: TaiG Updates Mac OS X Jailbreak Utility for iOS 8.1.3-8.4 to Version 1.1.0 started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 14 Comments
      Clem-Clone -
      thank you
      littlelisa63 -
      Will this jailbreak work on El captain public beta 3
      Tia if anyone knows
      weazle23 -
      i used the first version on beta 3 worked fine
      exNavy -
      I wonder if it's any more stable than the Windows version? Took me about 32 attempts to jb an iphone 6+ on Windows 64bit. I find the pp jailbreak to be FAR MORE STABLE (predictable and repeatable outcome) than Taig.
      towboattrash34 -
      Windows version worked great for hundreds of people. Worked 1st time on 6 & 6+. For me. But I also did not do the very first version that came out and always wait till 2nd or 3rd versions before I try any
      sheltons.iphone -
      With taig on windows, I keep getting random resprings. Doesn't matter if I have no tweaks or 20 installed, there's no pattern to it. Might just try the Mac version to see if it fixes the respring issue.
      NewD -
      Quote Originally Posted by sheltons.iphone View Post
      With taig on windows, I keep getting random resprings. Doesn't matter if I have no tweaks or 20 installed, there's no pattern to it. Might just try the Mac version to see if it fixes the respring issue.
      Do you run any animated LockScreens or SpringBoard widgets?
      tankz504 -
      I've been having random resprings on my 6+ also. I think it's due to the springboard process using to much memory. I've got 1 iwidget and used springtomize to get rid of my dock as well as add icons to the page. I am thinking about a restore and rejailbreak also. I found a launch dameon you that can be modified to allow the springboard to use more memory, but I think that might kill battery life....
      NewD -
      Quote Originally Posted by tankz504 View Post
      I've been having random resprings on my 6+ also. I think it's due to the springboard process using to much memory. I've got 1 iwidget and used springtomize to get rid of my dock as well as add icons to the page. I am thinking about a restore and rejailbreak also. I found a launch dameon you that can be modified to allow the springboard to use more memory, but I think that might kill battery life....
      Let us know if that works!
      tankz504 -
      You can edit */System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.jetsamproperties.N51.plist* to raise the memory limit for processes.

I did the springboard process. It was originally 240. Bumped it up to 350 and have not had any issues. It did seem to take a bit to take affect. Idk what determines when iOS updates these .plists. I save resprug then rebooted. A few ppl where using this for third party keyboards when nintype kept crashing.

Honestly I'd rather just have made my widget into a sbhtml file, but I'm no good with that stuff haha.
      NewD -
      Zip up your iWidget and post a link to it here. I'll see if I can make time to convert it for you.
      tankz504 -
      Unfortunately I did not make it. It's in a free package by Schnedi. Think it's alright to post my slightly modified version? All I did to it was cut the size down so it would not get in the way of my apps.

It's in iwidgets pack Sch 3

Also I can't post a picture here for some reason. I was going to just post what it looked like to see if you think it would even be doable.
      tankz504 -
      Ha! Here's a link to a resdit post I made trying to figure this all out.. There's a pic there also.

http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/co...s_little_help/

That specific widget is named MiniRoloj Sch
      tankz504 -
      I emailed Schnedi. He said I could post a link here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xcgmnbphz4...20sch.zip?dl=0

I'm on a 6+ if that matters.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook