• Apple's Next Generation iPhone Unveiling Event to be Held on September 9th?

Just as we reported that production of Apple’s iPhone 6s and 6s Plus will begin 1-2 weeks later than expected, new information was released claiming Apple will most likely be holding the event on Wednesday, September 9th. According to Buzzfeed’s John Paczkowski, the Cupertino-based company will be unveiling the next generation iPhone, possibly new iPads, and Apple TV hardware.

Paczkowski has given information before and was reliable when it came to event dates in the past. Sources who spoke with Buzzfeed noted that the event will be held the week of September 7th but the 9th would be the most likely date. Apple held the event on the very same date last year. It is also likely that the main focus will be on Apple’s next iPhones, which are expected to have an A9 processor, Force Touch display, better camera, and more internal upgrades. As for the exterior, it is expected to look identical to the current iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.

Along with the iPhone, Paczkowski noted that the next generation Apple TV will be unveiled and next-generation iPads as well. We’re not sure how likely the iPads will be shown, but in previous years Apple waited until October for that. Paczkowski said that the 12.9-inch iPad Pro “seems to be a wildcard.”

If the date is accurate, the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus will most likely be available for preorder starting Friday, the 11th. The launch of the devices will then come later in the month, possibly around the 25th. What are your thoughts on this? Share with us in the section below.

Source: Buzzfeed
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple's Next Generation iPhone Unveiling Event to be Held on September 9th? started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 26 Comments
      cpho -
      I'm really looking forward to a new generation Apple TV - more so than a new iteration of iPhone or iPad.
      Al226 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cpho View Post
      I'm really looking forward to a new generation Apple TV - more so than a new iteration of iPhone or iPad.
      I couldn't care less for Apple TV hardware, Amazon Fire TV is where it's at. You can do airplay and mirroring and it has a million times the power of an outdated Apple TV. If Apple releases a box with half the specs of an Amazon Fire TV it would cost upwards of $299 knowing how expensive the bastards are. Still can't believe they gave us 1GB of ram on the iPhone 6 and 6 plus. While 1GB of ram is fine for non-jailbroken folks, I could really use that extra gig in my jailbroken 6.
      Silverado1987 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Al226 View Post
      I couldn't care less for Apple TV hardware, Amazon Fire TV is where it's at. You can do airplay and mirroring and it has a million times the power of an outdated Apple TV. If Apple releases a box with half the specs of an Amazon Fire TV it would cost upwards of $299 knowing how expensive the bastards are. Still can't believe they gave us 1GB of ram on the iPhone 6 and 6 plus. While 1GB of ram is fine for non-jailbroken folks, I could really use that extra gig in my jailbroken 6.
      You need specs for Apple TV? What you running? Not sure but Apple TV can do AirPlay and mirroring. And as far as Ram goes. Your not supposed to be jail broken in the first place so you don't need anymore than 1gb. I'm jail broken and completely fine on 1gb. It's the way their software works.
      ecd5000 -
      I almost have to agree here. As I have loved my atv2, its sluggishness to run kodi and the fact best buy had the ftv stock for $25 means I made the jump and boy is it a whole world of difference. If there was more of jaikbreak scene for the atv I might have never switched.
      Al226 -
      Quote Originally Posted by ecd5000 View Post
      I almost have to agree here. As I have loved my atv2, its sluggishness to run kodi and the fact best buy had the ftv stock for $25 means I made the jump and boy is it a whole world of difference. If there was more of jaikbreak scene for the atv I might have never switched.
      Yup, and the Amazon Fire TV Stick is also MUCH more powerful than the Apple TV2 and 3. You can also do PERFECT mirroring and Airplay to the Fire TV Stick, it runs Kodi buttery smooth. If Apple releases a media player box the size of the Stick wih the same specs, they'll never allow Kodi to run on it and they'll charge a fortune for it. The only Apple devices I have are an iPhone (obviously jailbroken since this is the only way that it's usable) and an iMac.
      a2943149 -
      Apple must love the current Apple TV 3 as its their only device thats never been jailbroken.
      Thats also the same reason why I hate it. Its the only Apple device I have thats not jailbroken.
      Al226 -
      Quote Originally Posted by a2943149 View Post
      Apple must love the current Apple TV 3 as its their only device thats never been jailbroken.
      Thats also the same reason why I hate it. Its the only Apple device I have thats not jailbroken.
      Sold my 4 jailbroken ATV2 for 300 each back in the day and grabbed the Amazon Fire TV, never been happier in my life
      cpho -
      Thanks for the constructive criticism; to be honest I don't know much about the Amazon Fire TV because I assumed I had to subscribe to Amazon Prime to take advantage of all the benefits.

I'll wait for specs of the [hopefully forthcoming] new Apple TV before comparing.
      mulezsti -
      From what I hear, the new ATV is supposed to change the way we watch TV. Kinda like how iTunes works. But you would only pay for the channels you want to watch. If that is true, it will be money. I am sick of picking a tv package that offers me 300 channels when I only watch 26 but if I get the next size down which is like 125 then I'm missing 6 important channels. If turns out to be true then the new ATV will be totally worth it over everyone else! But hopefully we'll see Sept 9th.
      rolandgabor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
      You need specs for Apple TV? What you running? Not sure but Apple TV can do AirPlay and mirroring. And as far as Ram goes. Your not supposed to be jail broken in the first place so you don't need anymore than 1gb. I'm jail broken and completely fine on 1gb. It's the way their software works.
      " you're not supposed to be jailbroken in the first place" ??
      Silverado1987 -
      Quote Originally Posted by rolandgabor View Post
      " you're not supposed to be jailbroken in the first place" ??
      Yeah. When Apple releases a product you think they create the specs specifically for you being jailbroken?
      Al226 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
      Yeah. When Apple releases a product you think they create the specs specifically for you being jailbroken?
      Jailbroken is the ONLY way iOS is actually usable, how am I not supposed to jailbreak it if I want to use my iPhone and I hate Android?
      ChicagoV -
      Jailbroken is the ONLY way iOS is actually usable, how am I not supposed to jailbreak it if I want to use my iPhone and I hate Android?
      Stop saying that. Is being jailbroken preferable to you? Sounds like it. Maybe hundreds of thousands of others agree. Tens of MILLIONS of people would say otherwise. I've jailbroken every iDevice I've owned at some point. Saying iOS is unusable otherwise is just hyperbolic nonsense. I miss a few things from my iOS 8 JB, but for the most part I'm rather enjoying them stock, on iOS 9. Not to mention, the more features that are incorporated from ("inspired by") the JB community, the MORE usable iOS has become.
      bigboyz -
      Apple TV is useless to me. A novelty item. Its a native streaming box..thats it. Jailbroken its not much better. I have been there and done that. I have one in my house that has not been used in over a year. Just being honest here. Others may like, love and enjoy it. I just feel its lacking anything worth having. It won't get much better as it would infringe on other hardware Apple currently offers.
      fleurya -
      Seems unlikely they would have the event on such short notice. Don't they send invites a week in advance?

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
      Apple TV is useless to me. A novelty item. Its a native streaming box..thats it. Jailbroken its not much better. I have been there and done that. I have one in my house that has not been used in over a year. Just being honest here. Others may like, love and enjoy it. I just feel its lacking anything worth having. It won't get much better as it would infringe on other hardware Apple currently offers.
      It would be helpful to those of us reading through comments to know what your needs are that ATV doesn't meet. For me it pretty much covers what I want. I mostly watch Hulu and Netflix, have HBO Now subscription, and occasionally rent a movie. I do have some movies ripped form my old DVD collection, but run those through iTunes to the ATV. I don't torrent tons of movies and TV shows, so I don't have any need for running other codecs or remote storage issues.

I believe my situation is pretty close to the majority of consumers out there, which I think is why Apple hasn't made any big hardware/software changes. Only thing I would like to see is the device opened to 3rd party apps and a gaming option to see what kind of functions dev can create. Other than that I'm pretty good with it.
      atorres062 -
      Yup, and the Amazon Fire TV Stick is also MUCH more powerful than the Apple TV2 and 3. You can also do PERFECT mirroring and Airplay to the Fire TV Stick, it runs Kodi buttery smooth. If Apple releases a media player box the size of the Stick wih the same specs, they'll never allow Kodi to run on it and they'll charge a fortune for it. The only Apple devices I have are an iPhone (obviously jailbroken since this is the only way that it's usable) and an iMac.
      Exactly!! Kodi is amazing but how do you AirPlay? My iPhone never recognizes the fire stick.
      iBwizzle -
      S/o to Al226 for his or her ability to see past Apple's mediocrity! Leadership quality.
      Silverado1987 -
      Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
      Seems unlikely they would have the event on such short notice. Don't they send invites a week in advance?

It would be helpful to those of us reading through comments to know what your needs are that ATV doesn't meet. For me it pretty much covers what I want. I mostly watch Hulu and Netflix, have HBO Now subscription, and occasionally rent a movie. I do have some movies ripped form my old DVD collection, but run those through iTunes to the ATV. I don't torrent tons of movies and TV shows, so I don't have any need for running other codecs or remote storage issues.

I believe my situation is pretty close to the majority of consumers out there, which I think is why Apple hasn't made any big hardware/software changes. Only thing I would like to see is the device opened to 3rd party apps and a gaming option to see what kind of functions dev can create. Other than that I'm pretty good with it.
      Exactly and I apologize to anyone coming off with negativity. It's just like the guy above me said what do you expect it to do? It does everything we need. Us Jail breakers are a small percentage of the consumers.
      Carvensno -
      Well with iOS9 coming out with a reworked kernel with the so called rootless to help with security and prevent jailbreaking! We'll have to see what the JB teams do to get us a jailbreak.
      Al226 -
      Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoV View Post
      Stop saying that. Is being jailbroken preferable to you? Sounds like it. Maybe hundreds of thousands of others agree. Tens of MILLIONS of people would say otherwise. I've jailbroken every iDevice I've owned at some point. Saying iOS is unusable otherwise is just hyperbolic nonsense. I miss a few things from my iOS 8 JB, but for the most part I'm rather enjoying them stock, on iOS 9. Not to mention, the more features that are incorporated from ("inspired by") the JB community, the MORE usable iOS has become.
      Ok, I forgot to add IMHO at the end. So, IMHO and being a power user of jailbroken iOS who does very specific things with his device (that the rest of the 99.9% of the iOS users don't do), iOS is absolutely unusable to ME unless jailbroken.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook