• UBS: Interest in Apple Watch 'Tepid'

It sounds like Apple Watch is hot, but interest in the smartwatch may actually be "tepid" at best.

That's according to a new report from UBS, of which a leading analyst makes the bold claim that Apple Watch isn't the blockbuster new product Apple might have expected -- at least not yet.

UBS analyst Steve Milunovich, citing his firm’s survey of online search activity, is comparing Apple Watch to devices like Nintendo’s “Wii” game player.

“Our latest Apple Watch Monitor continues to find lackluster interest as measured by global search activity,” Milunovich's writing is quoted today by Barron's. “Consistent with other new consumer electronics, including the iPad and iPhone, search interest has waned by more than 50% since the launch of the product,” he adds. “Although the Apple Watch rate of decline is tracking slightly better than other products, initial interest was less to begin with and we conclude that Watch demand is mediocre.”

Of course, just because demand is presently mediocre doesn't mean it will always be that way. Not surprisingly, Apple Watch sales over the holidays will be watched very closely to see if mediocrity will finally be a thing of the past or a wave of the future.

Source: Barrons
    This article was originally published in forum thread: UBS: Interest in Apple Watch 'Tepid' started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 4 Comments
      unison999 -
      I got one just like pictured, arrived yesterday.
      After 1 day I am back to my conventional watch.

1. Hate the force touch (whatever you call it) screen, it is inaccurate as hell most of the time it does not register.
      2. wifi calling activated the incoming call notification become disabled on the watch (big problem for me).
      3. Raise to activate often do not activate.
      4. Need charging daily.
      5. Hate the light weight.
      6. My heart rate monitor goes between 61bpm to 100bpm sitting in my chair at my desk.
      7. To get 2nd cable it is $45? Serious?
      8. Not much apps though this should change.

Basically #1 and #2 killed this watch for me, the other negative is just cutting off the head and putting coffin in the window facing the sunrise after you already put a stake in the heart. Luckily this watch is cheap to buy, will not buy another to play with unless there is vast improvement on it.
      csglinux -
      This is probably blasphemy, but I love my Pebble. Its screen is always on, its battery lasts me a week and I like its sleep tracker.

I guess a heart rate monitor might be useful. Maybe(?) What else am I missing by not having an Apple watch?
      Carvensno -
      Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
      I got one just like pictured, arrived yesterday.
      After 1 day I am back to my conventional watch.

1. Hate the force touch (whatever you call it) screen, it is inaccurate as hell most of the time it does not register.
      2. wifi calling activated the incoming call notification become disabled on the watch (big problem for me).
      3. Raise to activate often do not activate.
      4. Need charging daily.
      5. Hate the light weight.
      6. My heart rate monitor goes between 61bpm to 100bpm sitting in my chair at my desk.
      7. To get 2nd cable it is $45? Serious?
      8. Not much apps though this should change.

Basically #1 and #2 killed this watch for me, the other negative is just cutting off the head and putting coffin in the window facing the sunrise after you already put a stake in the heart. Luckily this watch is cheap to buy, will not buy another to play with unless there is vast improvement on it.
      1. Sounds like you may have a defective watch. Have no issue with my screen as far as the force touch goes.

2. Wifi calling was never a feature for the watch, but that not to say it won't be part of Watch OS2.

4. I wear my watch all day with 2hrs of exercising. Take it off around 9pm and charge it. Only takes 1 hour to charge from about 20-25%.
      bigboyz -
      Well, no one NEEDS a watch. Most carry phones and they all come with the time haha! What are the over all sales of all smart watches since inception? I want those numbers to get a better idea of how Apple is really doing. I don't hear anyone talking about Pepple, fitbit or Samsung smart watch numbers....
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook