• Unfortunately, iOS 8.4.1 Patches the TaiG Jailbreak

If you value your jailbreak, then you will want to stay far away from Thursday's iOS 8.4.1 release. It has been confirmed that the update patches various exploits used by the TaiG jailbreak, as Apple's online security notes for the iOS 8.4.1 release credit TaiG a number of times for security patches that have been implemented in the update.

Despite being patched in iOS 8.4.1, those that stay on iOS 8.4 or earlier can keep their jailbreaks. Unfortunately, this also means that these users won't get the bug fixes and improvements for Apple Music and Beats 1, which shipped in iOS 8.4.

You can read about what has been patched in the iOS 8.4.1 release via Apple's online security notes at this link. They range from code-signing exploits to backup exploits, as well as others.

Will you be upgrading for the improvements, or keeping your jailbreak? Share in the comments!

Source: Apple
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Unfortunately, iOS 8.4.1 Patches the TaiG Jailbreak started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 27 Comments
      godfred212 -
      I don't use apple music so I will be happy staying at 8.4 until iOS 9
      crslaeme -
      Same here still using spotify
      King_O_Hill -
      There were a lot of other fixes that I'm interested in. Many WebKit fixes etc.
      StaceyMJ86 -
      Has anyone tried cydia impactot yet with 8.4.1 just being released?
      King_O_Hill -
      Yup, it works just like it says! It's an amazing tool!
      Bo -
      Quote Originally Posted by StaceyMJ86 View Post
      Has anyone tried cydia impactot yet with 8.4.1 just being released?
      If you update to 8.4.1 you will lose your jailbreak. Cydia Impactor is intended to restore to a fresh 8.4 OS while still being on 8.4.
      King_O_Hill -
      Bo baby, you back home safe and sound?

I worry when your on those bike trips!
      StaceyMJ86 -
      Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
      Yup, it works just like it says! It's an amazing tool!
      Great!
      politicalslug -
      Anyone know if Apple is still signing 8.4?
      bbrks -
      Yes....you can always check here: https://ipsw.me/
      Silverado1987 -
      I think they just need to concentrate on ios9 I think we're all fine on 8.4
      Bo -
      Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
      Bo baby, you back home safe and sound?

I worry when your on those bike trips!
      Yup, safe and sound.
      iFrosty -
      Everyone knows the drill. Either update to 8.4 while you can or Stay put and wait it out.
      iFrosty -
      Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
      Yes....you can always check here: https://ipsw.me/
      In all the years of Jailbreaking my iPhone i have yet to stumble upon such a great website for IPSW signing.
      Thanks for sharing!
      RobLo76 -
      Keeping my 8.4 jailbreak. Duh.
      Kupe -
      Just curious. When Apple "credits" a Jailbreak team for identifying exploits as they did in this article , is Apple being ironic or sarcastic or something? Or do evad3rs or TaiG Jailbreak Team or Pangu actually send a letter to Apple "Dear Apple we have identified a security exploit blah blah blah"

Just curious.

Kupe
      toyhaulerobs -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
      Just curious. When Apple "credits" a Jailbreak team for identifying exploits as they did in this article , is Apple being ironic or sarcastic or something? Or do evad3rs or TaiG Jailbreak Team or Pangu actually send a letter to Apple "Dear Apple we have identified a security exploit blah blah blah"

Just curious.

Kupe
      They know who is behind the jailbreaks and they find the holes that Taig used to create the jailbreak. So the credit them for finding the holes that Apple needs to fill to make it more secure.
      apesiri -
      Cool. Don't care about Apple music or Beats so I won't be missing anything
      StaceyMJ86 -
      I wonder if 8.4.1 fixes my music skipping and not playing and the "Cannot complete action" message that pops up every time I play music in my car.
      Clem-Clone -
      Quote Originally Posted by godfred212 View Post
      I don't use apple music so I will be happy staying at 8.4 until iOS 9
      same same
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook