• Samsung Pay Launch Date Confirmed

Big news out of Seoul today and you have to know Apple is paying attention.

Tech giant Samsung Electronics confirmed that its answer to Apple Pay -- creatively titled Samsung Pay -- is coming soon.

Touted as being a "secure and easy-to-use" mobile payment service, the service will launch in Korea on August 20 and in the U.S. on September 28.

According to the company's formal announcement, Samsung plans to roll out the service in the U.K., Spain and China, with partners to be named in each market.

The announcement coincides with the company's unveiling this week of their newest devices – the Galaxy S6 edge+ and Galaxy Note5.,

“With the launches of these exciting new smartphones, we will open a new era of mobile payment. This is Samsung’s brave step forward to enhance our mobile experience," says JK Shin, CEO of Samsung Electronics. "It is easy, safe, and most importantly, available virtually anywhere you can swipe a card, in most cases without new costs for merchants, from day one.”

Source: Samsung
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Samsung Pay Launch Date Confirmed started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 3 Comments
      Carvensno -
      Who cares!!! All they did was buy out the prior company and rebranded it with their own name. Hey Samsung??? How long did it take you to think of "Samsung Pay"? How original! Lol

Probably the same amount of time to think of coloring your your top tier phone Gold, Silver, and Black. Lol

Update... after watching the announcement video there use of a one time use id code? Sounds familiar doesn't? Let the lawsuit begin on patent and rights! LOL
      politicalslug -
      Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
      Who cares!!! All they did was buy out the prior company and rebranded it with their own name. Hey Samsung??? How long did it take you to think of "Samsung Pay"? How original! Lol

Probably the same amount of time to think of coloring your your top tier phone Gold, Silver, and Black. Lol

Update... after watching the announcement video there use of a one time use id code? Sounds familiar doesn't? Let the lawsuit begin on patent and rights! LOL
      They purchased a company called LoopPay. I picked up one of LoopPay's devices before they were acquired by Samsung, and I can confirm the device works as advertised. It basically lets you use the device (in my case a fob on a keychain) in lieu of a card at any credit card swipe point. It does not, however, work where you need to insert the card (some gas stations and ATMs are like this). Most POS systems are incorporating NFC going forward, and this tech that Samsung is incorporating is really only useful in situations where they haven't yet updated their hardware to NFC (which I guess may be the case often enough, but not for long).
      Christophxr -
      In other news, Samsung's chairman and CEO, Lee Kun-hee, has come out as gay...

I seriously knew this would happen, but not even I would have guessed they would straight up call it "Samsung Pay."
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook