• Rumored 12.9-inch iPad Pro to Reportedly Feature Optional Force Touch-Enabled Stylus

Apple has long been rumored to release a larger 12.9-inch iPad Pro, which would be the largest iPad release to date with a screen size rivaling Apple's MacBook Air and MacBook Pro lineup. Despite the rumors that are for the new iPad Pro, there have been a lot of back and forth arguments about whether or not one would actually come to fruition.

One of the latest rumors comes from an analyst known as Ming Chi-Kuo from KGI Securities, and suggests that Apple will offer an optional Force Touch stylus with such an iPad.

Since Force Touch would be a bad idea on a large display, due to the surface area of the screen creating weak pressure points, a force touch stylus could put the force directly into the spring-loaded tip of the stylus, which could then transmit a wireless signal to the iPad to let it know that the user has invoked a Force Touch gesture. In doing so, no damage to the display would result, but there would still be a way to register the gesture.

It's still possible that the display itself could have Force Touch built into it, but there have been no confirmed reports as of this point in time. What we do know is that such a display would be expected to have a resolution of 2732 x 2048.

The new iPad Pro is expected to go into production in September or October of this year, and another report suggests that it would be available starting in mid-November of this year.

It's worth noting that when Steve Jobs first introduced the iPhone in 2007, he laughed at the idea of a stylus for such a luxurious device, so it would be interesting to see if Apple goes down that road today under Tim Cook's leadership.

Source: MacRumors
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Rumored 12.9-inch iPad Pro to Reportedly Feature Optional Force Touch-Enabled Stylus started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 2 Comments
      swifty7 -
      I don't understand why Apple keeps refusing to incorporate a digitizer to their ipads like the surface pro series. There are so many artists and apps out there that are begging for one, but as always Apple's stance is FU.
      bigboyz -
      The iPad evolution has been very slow. What can i do with an iPad Air that i cannot do with the first iPad? I still have my iPad 2 because not much has changed at all. Time to press the fast forward button and make some big changes.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook