• Samsung Debuts New 'Ultimate Test Drive' Trial So That iPhone Users Can Try Samsung Smartphones

On Friday, Samsung, one of Apple's largest smartphone competitors, announced a new promotion called 'Ultimate Test Drive,' in which Samsung will allow iPhone users to opt into a trial run of using a Samsung Galaxy smartphone for 30 days for just $1.

Samsung notes that the user can pick whichever Galaxy smartphone that they want to try, and after the 30-day trial is up, they can either opt to return the smartphone if they don't like it, or buy the smartphone if they enjoy it. To opt into the new trial, you need to visit this page on Samsung's Web site using your iPhone (this won't work on any other device).

Users will have to choose their cellular provider, and then choose the smartphone that they want. Information about the user will be collected, including credit card information, so that if you choose to keep the smartphone, you can be charged for its value.

The test-drive Samsung smartphone will come with its own SIM card and will operate on that SIM card for the full 30-day trial at no additional cost to the user.

This promotion is clearly one of Samsung's ruses to try and attract some of the Apple smartphone market to the Samsung side, and it's likely to work on a fair number of users. Will you be taking advantage of this interesting trial run, or keeping your iPhone indefinitely? Share below!

Source: Samsung via MacRumors
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Samsung Debuts New 'Ultimate Test Drive' Trial So iPhone Users Can Try Samsung Phones started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 26 Comments
      Daniel33333_215 -
      Maybe I will try $1 for 30 days and decide.
      Rcworship -
      I think I'll try it, just to play with another phone for a month. I won't switch, but I'm not just a complete Apple sellout; I have many different devices in my household.
      i3exa -
      Got all the way to checkout before I went, "wait, why the hell would I want a galaxy?!?" Closed safari
      Silverado1987 -
      Quote Originally Posted by i3exa View Post
      Got all the way to checkout before I went, "wait, why the hell would I want a galaxy?!?" Closed safari
      Lol I wouldn't mind trying the new phone for 30 days
      Ambi_Valence -
      Yeah, sure. Of course you did i3exa.
      bmwraw8482 -
      What does the SIM card give you in the way of voice/text/data?
      swifty7 -
      Does this mean that the returned galaxy phones will in turn be resold as new? If want a galaxy phone, I want it to be brand spanking new not somebody's return.

Also, Samsung blew it big time by limiting the Note 5 to only 64gb storage. Some hire up in Samsung is smoking something good.
      jsuddu0109 -
      I wonder if this promotion will count towards their sales numbers...
      peacedog -
      Can I try one every month for $1/mo? That way, I can rent a Galaxy for $12/yr.
      blckceaser -
      Quote Originally Posted by jsuddu0109 View Post
      I wonder if this promotion will count towards their sales numbers...
      I was thinking the same thing
      plumoso -
      Sorry, that device is not available right now. Select a different device or check back later.nothing work I try to pick any of the 3 choises and this is what I get..........
      Evaded -
      Quote Originally Posted by plumoso View Post
      Sorry, that device is not available right now. Select a different device or check back later.nothing work I try to pick any of the 3 choises and this is what I get..........
      Got the same thing...
      oldskoolsk8r -
      Hell no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      blckceaser -
      Isn't android still going through the stagefright problem?
      atorres062 -
      What a ridiculous promotion! "no devices available at this time" I won't ever switch from Apple to Android but I would like to mess around with a different OS.
      Carvensno -
      ROFLMAO Good promo Samsuck! None of the 3 devices are available.
      Silverado1987 -
      I wonder if they had so many devices but they ran out which is reason why there not available. I got mine just waiting for shipment.
      anotherps -
      Probably a limited time offer
      Quote Originally Posted by peacedog View Post
      Can I try one every month for $1/mo? That way, I can rent a Galaxy for $12/yr.
      wamoinc -
      I just tried to do it just for kicks and I get an error saying the devices are not available. I wonder if there is a limit per day or if something is wrong with the site right now. I tried 3 different carrier options and all 3 phone options. Maybe it just isn't meant to be.
      bigboyz -
      Excellent marketing strategy! Even if you don't like the phone it's $1 to test new tech!
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook