• Yahoo Weather App Pulled From the App Store, But Have No Fear, It Will Be Back [Updated]

Yesterday, Yahoo released an update for its Weather application on the iOS platform that could notify the user up to 15 minutes ahead of rain or snow so that they could prepare for the upcoming weather conditions before it hit them, and many people went ahead and installed the update and are enjoying it.

In a strange turn of events on Friday, users trying to download the application have been unable to find it in the App Store. We've reached out to Yahoo to find out what is going on, and as it turns out, the update that was released yesterday had an issue that forced Apple to pull it from the App Store temporarily.

Yahoo notes that a new version of the application will return to the App Store soon after it passes the review process, as Yahoo has already fixed the problem that Apple spotted:

It looks like there was a problem with the app and it was pulled by Apple. We've resubmitted it and it should be reviewed and reposted by Apple soon. Sorry for any inconvenience!
    We will keep you updated on when the application returns, so stay tuned Yahoo Weather fans!

Update: It would appear that the application is now back in the App Store. Download at will!

Source: Yahoo Customer Care
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Yahoo Weather App Pulled From the App Store, But Have No Fear, It Will Be Back started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 15 Comments
      TDH Advocate -
      What kind of "problem" was it?
      zenj -
      update is available now
      Anthony Bouchard -
      It's back now, so the problem has been fixed!
      blikum -
      My Yahoo Weather is still crashing even with the new "fix". Yahoo Weather Version 1.8.1 with ios 8.4
      Bo -
      I had no issue even before the update. Is it just me?
      Neojok -
      It works well with iOS 8.4
      blikum -
      Hmmm, I started in safe mode and Yahoo weather works fine, so there must be a conflict somewhere. Time to start uninstalling tweaks I guess.
      blikum -
      Just in case there was someone following this. The offending tweak was Xcon. I use it for the directv jailbreak detection.
      dragonjo8 -
      Quote Originally Posted by blikum View Post
      Just in case there was someone following this. The offending tweak was Xcon. I use it for the directv jailbreak detection.
      Didn't realize Xcon was updated. There was quite a lapse in updates a while back that forced me to look elsewhere for DirecTV jailbreak detection. One of the things I disliked about Xcon is just about every time DirecTV updated their app, an update for Xcon was also required. May I humbly suggest you give Flex2 a try? There is a plethora of little patches that can be downloaded for it (including DirecTV jailbreak detection). There is even a patch that blocks the stupid Ads Yahoo added to their weather app a while back.
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by dragonjo8 View Post
      ...May I humbly suggest you give Flex2 a try?...
      How can one "try" the app? I can't seem to find a trial option.
      Neojok -
      Didn't realize Xcon was updated. There was quite a lapse in updates a while back that forced me to look elsewhere for DirecTV jailbreak detection. One of the things I disliked about Xcon is just about every time DirecTV updated their app, an update for Xcon was also required. May I humbly suggest you give Flex2 a try? There is a plethora of little patches that can be downloaded for it (including DirecTV jailbreak detection). There is even a patch that blocks the stupid Ads Yahoo added to their weather app a while back.
      It doesn't working on u-verse.
      blikum -
      I've tried Flex 2 in the past and it didn't work for me. Just downloaded TSProtector 8 and it seems to work so far. At least until the directv app is updated.
      dragonjo8 -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      How can one "try" the app? I can't seem to find a trial option.
      Oops. You're right... there doesn't appear to be a trial version. Since I have already purchased the app I can't see how much I paid for it. It seems to me the price wasn't too much (certainly less that $5). For all the things you can do with it (and there is a ton) the price I paid (whatever it was) was well worth it.

I'm using the most current version of both the Flex2 app and the DirecTV app. Blocking jailbreak detection is working just fine.
      Kupe -
      New Yahoo weather app feature is totally broken.

Lovely idea that the latest version is supposed to give you a 15-minute warning of rain or snow at your location. GREAT idea! Unfortunately, that feature, called Near-Term Notification, turns itself off whenever you quit the app. Has to be reset every time so generally pretty useless. Running on iPhone 5S.
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
      New Yahoo weather app feature is totally broken.

Lovely idea that the latest version is supposed to give you a 15-minute warning of rain or snow at your location. GREAT idea! Unfortunately, that feature, called Near-Term Notification, turns itself off whenever you quit the app. Has to be reset every time so generally pretty useless. Running on iPhone 5S.
      I don't use yahoo weather (use wunderground) but I wonder if this feature would work with background app refresh ON?
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook