• Pangu Demonstrates a Jailbreak on iOS 8.4.1

Despite the fact that Apple closed the latest jailbreak by TaiG with the new iOS 8.4.1 release, that hasn't stopped well-known jailbreak hackers from finding a new way in.

The Pangu jailbreak team has reportedly demonstrated a jailbreak on iOS 8.4.1 at the HackPwn2015 security conference on an iPhone 6, showing that despite all of the security patches that came to be with iOS 8.4.1, a jailbreak is still possible.

Right now it appears to just be a proof of concept; it's unknown if Pangu will actually be releasing this jailbreak to the public.

With iOS 9 right around the corner, Pangu is likely wanting to save their energy for the upcoming release to see if it will work. Although iOS 9 comes with a feature called "rootless," which makes it harder to jailbreak, there is always that slight chance that a good team of hackers will still be able to find their way in.

Source: Weibo
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Pangu Demonstrates a Jailbreak on iOS 8.4.1 started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 11 Comments
      buttamix -
      Rootless?!?!?!? If Apple could actually make it so the iPhone can be unjailbreakable then where can they get all the cool tweak ideas from !?!?!?!
      Bo Troxell -
      Amen brother ^

Let's hope they get iOS 9 right away too.
      zplit -
      This is what I can a great news for us who love jailbreak.
      exNavy -
      Release all exploits immediately to appease the 300 or so people who "mistakenly" updated in the last week. Thanks in advance /sarcasm.
      Ambi_Valence -
      Pretty soon, they’ll be releasing the Jailbreak for iOS9 before the OS even gets into the wild.
      Bo Troxell -
      Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
      Release all exploits immediately to appease the 300 or so people who "mistakenly" updated in the last week. Thanks in advance /sarcasm.
      LOL, I have compassion, but... over the 7 years I have been a Mod here I couldn't begin to count the number of posts members have stated "I accidentally updated my device, now what do I do?"

So nice to see this team excel for the "Cause".
      Darkflame -
      LOL! Once they kill the jail break scene they won't have nothing to "innovate" since a lot of their best ideas come from what's available on the jail break scene.
      Scotty Manley Silberhorn -
      iOS 9 is in public beta, shouldn't they test it out on that. If the jailbreak will work, wait until iOS 9. If different methods are required, release the jailbreak as soon as possible
      Carvensno -
      Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
      iOS 9 is in public beta, shouldn't they test it out on that. If the jailbreak will work, wait until iOS 9. If different methods are required, release the jailbreak as soon as possible
      I about guarantee it that they have been working on iOS9 JB since first beta, trying to find the loop holes to make something work. But don't expect to hear anything about it till after iOS9 goes public.
      iBwizzle -
      Great news. I recently brought an iPad Air 2 from a friend running 8.4.1. Too bad it's only a 16GB. I wish Apple wasn't ruthless and shady. It's obvious that the 16GB iPhone/iPad is a complete money grab.
      bmwraw8482 -
      Quote Originally Posted by iBwizzle View Post
      t's obvious that the 16GB iPhone/iPad is a complete money grab.
      The extra $100 they charge for each tier above 16gb means they make way more money on the phones with larger amounts of storage. It doesn't cost them anywhere near $100 for that extra memory.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook