• Samsung Runs Out of Devices For Their 'Ultimate Test Drive' Promotion Within Hours

Just a few days ago, we reported that Korean-based company Samsung debuted their new ‘Ultimate Test Drive’ promotion, where they allow iPhone owners to test out their Galaxy S6 Edge, S6 Edge +, and Note 5 devices for 30 days for just $1. This promotion was the company’s way to lure and steal some Apple users. Those who try out the new program can either return the device after the trial-version or purchase the device if they enjoy it.

However, Samsung has already postponed the promotion because they’ve run out of devices to lend out. Apparently, there was an “overwhelming demand” for the devices and the company loaned all out in just a matter of hours. Samsung updated their Ultimate Test Drive webpage letting customers know they are ‘temporarily out of test drive phones’ and to check back for available phones.

It is unclear as to how many devices were available to begin with, but do you think that many iPhone owners really decided to try the program out? Share your thoughts with us below and let us know what you think.

Source: Samsung
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Samsung Runs Out of Devices For Their 'Ultimate Test Drive' Promotion Within Hours started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 10 Comments
      Carvensno -
      They were out the other day when you wrote about this. A lot of people tried and getting out of devices message for all 3 phones.
      DragonflyZ -
      I had an edge 6+ in my cart and tried changing to a Note 5. By the time I saw no notes were available the edges were gone as well.
      savageone79 -
      Marketing gimmick to increase demand I bet.
      PCYoda -
      It'd be hilarious if iPhone owners trolled Samsung by taking all of these devices with no intent on switching or even using the test drive phone... but simply opening the boxes devalues the phones for Samsung. The more phones they loan out, the more money they'll potentially lose on the program.
      sknet -
      i ordered for 100s of them and ready to sell to black market soon for 50% the price (this device only worth that much) *of course with fake IDs too ......
      novadam -
      That's too bad. My first "smart phone" was an iPhone 3GS, and I've only ever had an iPhone. Would have liked to at least tried one of these.
      psxcancer -
      I wonder how many phones were actually available? And how many of those, were android users that jumped ship when the iPhone 6 came out last year?

Didn't Samsung claim last year when they came out with their "new version" of the iPhone 6 that they sold out too (when in actuality, they only had a handful of devices).
      uri8472 -
      Quote Originally Posted by psxcancer View Post
      I wonder how many phones were actually available? And how many of those, were android users that jumped ship when the iPhone 6 came out last year?

Didn't Samsung claim last year when they came out with their "new version" of the iPhone 6 that they sold out too (when in actuality, they only had a handful of devices).
      This isn't any different than Apple, who also artificially limits supply to each store when they release a new device. That creates the appearance of a hot selling item which attracts more people. It's become a rather classic tactic.
      Carvensno -
      Quote Originally Posted by uri8472 View Post
      This isn't any different than Apple, who also artificially limits supply to each store when they release a new device. That creates the appearance of a hot selling item which attracts more people. It's become a rather classic tactic.
      Actually it is different! Apple make multi millions of phones to pre release to have warehouse supply and to supply thousand of Apple stores alone, then plus all of the carrier stores. Samsung last year made only 30,000-50,000 S6 & Edges for release day and that was only for 1-2 countries if I remember right. I was a joke of a release! Please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I remember reading a few times in different articles.
      uri8472 -
      @Carvensno: I don't care how much in any Apple warehouse; that's irrelevant. It's the supply given to stores that's kept artificially low, as that's directly effects the perception of availability and in turn, perception of desirableness.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook