• Samsung's Answer to Apple's 'iPad Pro' is an 18.4-inch 'Tahoe' Tablet

Just last week we noted that a new report claimed Apple’s 12.9-inch iPad Pro would be going into production in either September or October. Rumors were also circulating saying Apple would most likely announce the device in October as well, and not during next month’s iPhone announcement. However, it seems like long-tine rival Samsung is not backing down just yet. Apparently the Korean-based company is already preparing to answer back to Apple’s iPad Pro with their own 18.4-inch tablet.

We’re not sure about you, but an 18.4-inch device is already a laptop in our world. Dubbed the ‘Tahoe,’ the giant tablet is supposed to be used in offices, schools, and living rooms according to SamMobile. Samsung’s tablet is to sport a 1920x1080 resolution, whereas the iPad Pro has been rumored to have a 2732x2048 pixel display. Tahoe will likely run Android 5.1 and have a TFT LCD screen.

We’ve also learned that Samsung’s ginormous tablet is to have 2GB of RAM, an 8MP front camera and 2.1MP rear camera, an octa-core 64-bit 1.6GHz Exynos 7580 processor, 32GB of internal storage, and a microSD card slot. It is still unclear as to when the company plans on releasing this laptop sized tablet, but we’re wondering if they’re going to try to release it before the iPad Pro like they did with their new mobile devices this year.

It isn’t surprising that Samsung is trying to release all their devices before Apple does theirs, as they lost out on a huge chunk of sales last year when Apple released the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. If anything, we think that’s the smarter thing to do. But to have an answer for every piece of device Apple has plans on releasing almost seems a little obsessive to us, don’t you think? Would you purchase an 18-inch tablet? Share with us in the comment section below.

Source: SamMobile
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Samsung's Answer to Apple's 'iPad Pro' is an 18.4-inch 'Tahoe' Tablet started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 9 Comments
      bigboyz -
      This is going to get ugly. Soon a tablet will be the size of my kitchen table :]
      dsg -
      put some legs on it and a coster, Ta-da fancy table
      magusxxx -
      Why did you use a Kit Kat bar for size comparison. You should have used a 14" pizza.
      luvmytj -
      When does the 80" class tablet come out? I am dying for one of those.
      Carvensno -
      Ya! If I wanted something that big, I'll just get a laptop thanks. But 12.9" like the supposed iPad Pro may be something I might be interested in. But depends also on what Apple does with it. Be nice if it ran OSX, but then also ran iOS apps too. [emoji6]
      Norb -
      Apple needs to put out a bunch of stupid troll rumors out there and get Samsung to make up some crap products.
      therandy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
      Apple needs to put out a bunch of stupid troll rumors out there and get Samsung to make up some crap products.
      aren't most of samsung's products crap? The only exception i see is their TV's and their loosing the gap on those as well
      Kurt Jenrette -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
      This is going to get ugly. Soon a tablet will be the size of my kitchen table :]

https://jet.com/product/c837f43fd650...LayxoCzNrw_wcB

20 inch kids tablet.
      gldoorii -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook