• Samsung Tweaks 'Ultimate Test Drive' Program, Offers Up to $200 if You Make the Switch

About a week ago, Samsung unveiled what it calls the Ultimate Test Drive program, which allows iPhone users to select a specific Samsung smartphone, take it home for 30 days to try it for $1 and a free month of cellular service, and then after the trial is up, the user can decide whether or not they want to make the switch.

It would seem that on Friday, the Apple competitor is going balls to the walls to get iPhone users to switch; they've upped the ante, making it so that if users do make the switch at the end of the 30-day trial, they'll get a free $100 Google Play gift card that can be used to buy anything in the Google Play Store.

Moreover, if the user trades in their iPhone in addition to switching to the new Samsung device, Samsung will send the user a $100 check in addition to the $100 Google Play Store gift card, so that means Apple users can gain up to $200 in rewards for switching to the Samsung handset from their iPhones.

It's worth nothing that it's possible to sell unlocked iPhones for significantly more than $200, but in terms of speculation, this looks like a bribe from Samsung to get people who may have been on the fence about switching to give up their iPhones for one of their own smartphones. It makes the company look desperate to snatch Apple customers for sure.

You can visit Samsung's Web site at this link to learn more.

Source: Samsung
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Samsumg Tweaks 'Ultimate Test Drive' Program, Offers Up to $200 if You Make the Switch started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 23 Comments
      oldskoolsk8r -
      Lol [emoji23] that's rich!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      cooldesi -
      Thanks but no thanks.. I like my iPhone and not interested at switching even if they give me phone for free I wont trade.
      Silverado1987 -
      I've been using it for about 3 days now. It's not at bad actually. But idk if I'd switch
      jackbauerctu -
      Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
      I've been using it for about 3 days now. It's not at bad actually. But idk if I'd switch
      Do they put a ridiculous hold on your credit card??
      Silverado1987 -
      Quote Originally Posted by jackbauerctu View Post
      Do they put a ridiculous hold on your credit card??
      It was pending a $1 for almost a week
      Bo -
      Desperation will make companies do all sorts of things.
      bigboyz -
      This is a clever way to BUY customers haha! Wonder if it will work to the level they anticipate. Show me some numbers Samsung.
      ThuD Muffin -
      If I hadn't already invested lots of $$$ into Apple's ecosystem, I'd give it a try. Right now there's no way I'm giving up all my services and purchases
      scroogelives -
      I have my android tablets and the apps are poor in quality compared to iOS's so I would stick to iOS any day!
      Silverado1987 -
      Quote Originally Posted by ThuD Muffin View Post
      If I hadn't already invested lots of $$$ into Apple's ecosystem, I'd give it a try. Right now there's no way I'm giving up all my services and purchases
      That's exactly how I feel right now. I have all of my music which I can still use but all my devices work perfectly in sync.
      Quote Originally Posted by scroogelives View Post
      I have my android tablets and the apps are poor in quality compared to iOS's so I would stick to iOS any day!
      Im not a fan of the user interface of most apps because Samsung has a back button already on the phone so a lot of back button or return is having to go all the way down to the bottom of the phone hit back. It's weird but you get used to it I guess.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
      scroogelives -
      That's exactly how I feel right now. I have all of my music which I can still use but all my devices work perfectly in sync.

Im not a fan of the user interface of most apps because Samsung has a back button already on the phone so a lot of back button or return is having to go all the way down to the bottom of the phone hit back. It's weird but you get used to it I guess.

Not just the back button but even the menus are odd! I have friends that use the same apps but on different devices and often ask for help but I find iOS apps often are more straight forward! But let's be honest Samsung have rushed their devices to market and now using bribes to get people on board!
      Silverado1987 -
      Not just the back button but even the menus are odd! I have friends that use the same apps but on different devices and often ask for help but I find iOS apps often are more straight forward! But let's be honest Samsung have rushed their devices to market and now using bribes to get people on board!
      Right the menus are a little weird. They just have no logical input and output. iOS is so simple and less is more. The camera app for example. Straight forward take a picture. With android why do I care about saturation. Hue. White balance. Just give me a good camera that's all I ask. I want to point and shoot.

And for everyone the "wide angle selfie" it's just a quarter turn panoramic camera view lol like wth
      toytbo88 -
      Coming from a person that has an iPad air a Macbook Pro and an iPhone 6 Reg not the plus. I actually bought the S6 Edge and let me tell you. I LOVE apple but this phone is AMAZING! yes I know they copied Apple's style. I think anyone can see that..... The thing I love the most is the screen. The colors pop and the blacks are black sice the pixels shut off to provide you with real blacks, not a very dark gray like I get with backlit LCD's like the ones apple use. I noticed that they put an OLED screen on their iwatch and I really hope they go Oled on the phones so we can also get real blacks. To the person that said android apps are low quality I'd have to disagree with you because my s6 has a 2k display and I'll give you an example. Play " Mortal Kombat X " and you'll see the graphics on this thing. I still use my iPhone 6 but I got to give it to samsung this time. Now as far as tablets I'm very happy with my iPad air and mac and will always be loyal to them but I got really tired with my iPhone cause I'd have to always wait for a jailbreak so I could be completely happy with it so I made the switch. To the ones that haven't played with one go to the nearest store and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. By the way anyone know when the new Taig will be updated for ios 8.4.1 will be released?
      xWI1SONx -
      It's down to preference of operating system. Some people prefer OS X to Windows, some don't. I prefer iOS, so bribing people isn't going to change that [emoji23]
      silverado8701 -
      Quote Originally Posted by toytbo88 View Post
      Coming from a person that has an iPad air a Macbook Pro and an iPhone 6 Reg not the plus. I actually bought the S6 Edge and let me tell you. I LOVE apple but this phone is AMAZING! yes I know they copied Apple's style. I think anyone can see that..... The thing I love the most is the screen. The colors pop and the blacks are black sice the pixels shut off to provide you with real blacks, not a very dark gray like I get with backlit LCD's like the ones apple use. I noticed that they put an OLED screen on their iwatch and I really hope they go Oled on the phones so we can also get real blacks. To the person that said android apps are low quality I'd have to disagree with you because my s6 has a 2k display and I'll give you an example. Play " Mortal Kombat X " and you'll see the graphics on this thing. I still use my iPhone 6 but I got to give it to samsung this time. Now as far as tablets I'm very happy with my iPad air and mac and will always be loyal to them but I got really tired with my iPhone cause I'd have to always wait for a jailbreak so I could be completely happy with it so I made the switch. To the ones that haven't played with one go to the nearest store and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. By the way anyone know when the new Taig will be updated for ios 8.4.1 will be released?
      Yes it's the amoled screen and the amoled cinema affect which saturated the colors. Which looks really nice. I love the bright colorful display. I hope Apple uses those displays as well. You can download widgets and themes from the play store. (I can see how they get malware) but if you stick to the basic things you should be fine. I'll have to upload a picture of my home screen.*

Camera is really laggy

I don't like the text selection

The keyboard was cluttered

The edge screen registered my palm and i could not press anything with my finger. Not a one handed phone for me.

Old notifications kept showing up from years ago with the smart switch. Probably just a smart switch error.

Speaker is loud.

Different Display settings which is cool

Battery so far is pretty decent.

Launchers are cool

Tons of bloatware from Samsung. Google. And ATT and even Microsoft.

If I'm at home I can have it to where I don't have to use a pin to unlock my phone

Screen itself is really really nice.
      But the iPhone screen is brighter

No lag yet

I'm so used to tapping on the home button twice for my app switcher.

The ui is different. Something to get u used too

Silverado1987 -
      Also the screen brightness you can see the light escape under the actual phone through the sides and under it. Quality is not all that great.
      Ambi_Valence -
      Not as simple as that xWI1SONx. Some people have NEVER tried Android but still somehow know first hand that it’s rubbish?
      I might go into a restaurant but decide not to try the new free veggie deal they have on simple because I, (think I), prefer to pay for the meat dish that experience tells me I know I like.
      norulesjustgo -
      I've had the Galaxy S6 Edge for a day and it's terrible.
      Silverado1987 -
      Quote Originally Posted by norulesjustgo View Post
      I've had the Galaxy S6 Edge for a day and it's terrible.
      I'm a techie and just got out of the honeymoon phase But today it really makes me appreciate my iPhone. I'm not biased but to each their own
      psxcancer -
      I have to agree, after no success in jailbreaking my Apple TV 3, I purchased a Android TV box with XBMC (at the time). I had a chance to play around in the Google play store. Let's just say, I was not impressed with their store and shortly sold that Android TV box, took my ATV2 back out.

I guess Android has its place, I found it not to be polished. It's evident it's a open platform system. If you've never used a iDevice, you'll think android is the next best thing since sliced bread.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook