• Hulu Introduces New 'No Commercial' Option For $12 A Month

Are you getting annoyed with commercials on Hulu when watching television shows? Well, we have great news because the company recently announced and added a new $12 ‘No Commercials’ tier to their streaming video service. Other video streaming companies like HBO Now and Netflix have always offered ad-free streaming, it is no wonder Hulu is trying to get on board and compete against companies like Netflix.

Hulu will still have the free and $8 membership tiers available so not everyone will have to upgrade to the ‘No Commercial’ option. According to Re/code though, not even the $12 option will offer completely ad-free streaming. Some TV shows have already been noted to be excluded, including Once Upon a Time, How to Get Away With Murder, Grimm, Grey’s Anatomy and Agents of S.H.I.E.LD.

Those who pay $12 for the ‘No Commercials’ option will still have to sit through 15-second advertisements in the beginning of the show, and 30-second ads at the end. However, users won’t have to sit through interruptions while watching episodes like free and $8 users have to. Do you think this is worth paying $12 for or would you continue to just use one of the other streaming services? Share with us in the section below.

Source: Re/code
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Hulu Introduces New 'No Commercial' Option For $12 A Month started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 2 Comments
      gldoorii -
      I love how the main page that advertises "INTRODUCING THE NO COMMERCIAL PLAN" doesn't even have a disclaimer saying "well, we're calling it that to get you to subscribe, but it really DOES have them"... I mean, this is flat out false advertising and it's shocking that customers aren't being warned right away. I'm curious if any other companies will make a mock advertisement about them being actually ad free as opposed to Hulu's lie.
      steve-z17 -
      Hulu is ridiculous, even their "ad free" plan is not ad free. It's like AT&T's "unlimited data" plan... People paying for the service should not have to watch commercials that's the bottom line. I'll continue to use the $8 a month plan but only because I don't have cable and combining Netflix and Hulu together gives me a fair share of things to watch.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook