• T-Mobile Offering $125 Discount On Apple's 16GB iPhone 6s

Preorder hasn’t even begun for Apple’s new iPhone 6s device yet, but for those looking to switch to a new mobile carrier, T-Mobile already has an offer on the table. The carrier is really looking to lure people into switching over to their network by offering the new 16GB iPhone 6s for just $524 on the 18-month JUMP program. The normal price of a 16GB iPhone 6s is $649, which means they are giving a $125 discount on the newly unveiled smartphone.

Customers will need to pay just $20 a month for 18 months and then at the end can either pay $164 to keep the phone or return the device to T-Mobile. The company already stated that this would be a ‘limited time offer’ that “won’t last long.” No actual date was specified, but is apparently their way of giving a special introductory pricing on the device.

According to T-Mobile, those who are unhappy with the coverage will not be locked to the carrier. It was noted though, that coverage on the new device will be much better as it will be operating on T-Mobile’s Extended Range LTE which uses a 700MHz spectrum. This will be the first time Apple is supporting this, so let’s see how good/how much better the service is when the new devices get released.

T-Mobile CEO John Legere said that he is sure no customer will want to switch back or to another carrier once they experience the company’s Extended Range LTE service. What are your thoughts on this? Share with us in the comments below.

Source: The Verge
    This article was originally published in forum thread: T-Mobile Offering $125 Discount On Apple's 16GB iPhone 6s started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 19 Comments
      rolandgabor -
      I just can't believe still that they're pushing the 16gb version. Why not 8gb? Just a joke to me
      StaceyMJ86 -
      What about those that will preorder the 6 Plus? They don't care about us.
      Cardiac -
      16gigs is a joke anymore.
      VinDawg -
      Quote Originally Posted by rolandgabor View Post
      I just can't believe still that they're pushing the 16gb version. Why not 8gb? Just a joke to me
      You can't have an 8GB version of an iPhone anymore Rolandgabor because the operating system takes up at least 7GB. Do you really just want 1gb to put all your apps, music, pictures, etc?!?! I don't think so.
      Silverado1987 -
      You guys need to understand a lot of people may want a phone but may not need all that space. We're a handful of us that use it for thousands of songs. Videos. Tweaks. Pictures. And it could be a marketing strategy or iCloud storage
      Nuff Said -
      Quote Originally Posted by VinDawg View Post
      You can't have an 8GB version of an iPhone anymore Rolandgabor because the operating system takes up at least 7GB. Do you really just want 1gb to put all your apps, music, pictures, etc?!?! I don't think so.
      I have a 16gb phone and have 12gb to use. Where'd you get 7gb from?
      Colombianmagic -
      Quote Originally Posted by StaceyMJ86 View Post
      What about those that will preorder the 6 Plus? They don't care about us.
      For the plus it's $0 down payment and $24 a month for the 16 gb
      MoonFighter -
      Quote Originally Posted by VinDawg View Post
      I am thinking you may have missed the sarcasm [emoji6]
      StaceyMJ86 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Colombianmagic View Post
      I definitely will not be taking advantage of that deal. I rather put $99- $299 down for the 64gb version. 16gb never been enough for me.
      hogcia -
      That's depending on your credit rating.
      StaceyMJ86 -
      Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
      That's depending on your credit rating.
      I like how T-Mobile have it set up for credit approval if you're already a customer. Earlier this year I qualified for $0 down on my next phone because I made 12 consecutive on time payments. Even I have to pay for my phone I don't have to pay more then $99 down.
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by Nuff Said View Post
      I have a 16gb phone and have 12gb to use. Where'd you get 7gb from?
      Yeah, not sure where 7GB came from. Pretty sure ios is just a smidge over 2
      jackson1714 -
      I've always gotten 16 gigs. I use to store my songs and etc on my iPod touch but there's no need now with the iCloud. 16 gigs is perfect for me. Everyone uses their iPhone different. I can't wait for the 6s
      Googly2moogly -
      Does anyone know if I buy full price i6s plus on t-mobile network will it be unlocked? I bought 6 plus last year on att and while in Europe was able to use on local network. I am in Germany again and need to ensure it will run on German network if purchased through t-mobile or apple store with t-mobile full price option.
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by Googly2moogly View Post
      Does anyone know if I buy full price i6s plus on t-mobile network will it be unlocked? I bought 6 plus last year on att and while in Europe was able to use on local network. I am in Germany again and need to ensure it will run on German network if purchased through t-mobile or apple store with t-mobile full price option.
      If you buy it through the Apple store then yes, it will be unlocked.
      Googly2moogly -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      If you buy it through the Apple store then yes, it will be unlocked.
      Simon,

Thanks. Hope you're right as I will have a useless phone if it doesn't work on German network.
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by Googly2moogly View Post
      Simon,

Thanks. Hope you're right as I will have a useless phone if it doesn't work on German network.
      Been that way for last few years at least. All t-mobile iPhones are unlocked if bought from the Apple store. The verizon iPhones have all been unlocked too since the iPhone 5.
      You can read more about it here for this year: How to pre-order your iPhone 6s unlocked and contract-free from Apple
      psxcancer -
      That's a smart move on Apples part, get those mobile devices in as many has as possible. Take, a little lose now, but develop more future iOS users.
      psxcancer -
      Now that I think of it, I'm paying $39 for the 128Gb :-d
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook