• EA Silently Pulls Several Classic Game Titles From the App Store & Ends Support

EA has silently pulled a ton of its classic game titles from the App Store, as Touch Arcade pointed out Friday afternoon, ending support for the games in the process. Among the titles pulled are well-known favorites like Flight Control, Bejeweled 2, Real Racing, and others. The full list of pulled applications can be checked out below:

• Bejeweled 2
    • Burnout™ CRASH!
    • Dead Space
    • Don't Fall Off
    • Flight Control
    • Flight Control Rocket
    • Fly With Me
    • Lemonade Tycoon
    • MASS EFFECT™ INFILTRATOR
    • MMA by EA SPORTS™
    • Need for Speed Shift
    • Real Racing
    • Sims Medieval by EA
    • Skate It by EA
    • Spore™ Creatures
    • Spore™ Origins
    • SPY Mouse

EA says that its move to remove these games from the App Store is for greater good for the development firm, as now the teams behind development can focus primarily on new releases and not have to deal with releasing updates for existing games.

EA is well-known for removing what it feels are outdated titles from the App Store; they do it quite often, but some of the games that were pulled, including Flight Control, are classics that many people are going to miss.

Without so much as an official announcement, those that didn't have Flight Control on their devices now have no way to download the game on their iOS devices whatsoever. (Frowny pants)

Source: Touch Arcade
    This article was originally published in forum thread: EA Silently Pulls Several Classic Game Titles From the App Store & Ends Support started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 4 Comments
      PeezaPi -
      Annnnnd, this is why I choose not to buy any EA games.
      jigar7 -
      Quote Originally Posted by PeezaPi View Post
      Annnnnd, this is why I choose not to buy any EA games.
      ..... no more buying EA games.

Paying for games like Mountain Valley, Limbo, The Room 1/2 etc makes me feel good on the other hand... those devs deserve it.
      hogcia -
      This is such bull.
      kalpesh78 -
      EA is quite stupid.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook