• [POLL] Will You Upgrade to the iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus?

Apple announced the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus on Wednesday at the special media event. The new smartphone comes with a slew of new features, which have confirmed various rumors we've reported on throughout the duration of the rumor mill process, such as 4K video recording, a 12 megapixel camera, Force Touch (3D Touch) display, and even a new Rose Gold colored enclosure.

Among the improvements that the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus bring to the table are:

• Faster processing
    • Faster gaming
    • Improved motion detection
    • Power efficiency
    • Faster cellular and Wi-Fi speeds
    • Clearer phone calls
    • Better rear-camera photos and videos
    • Better front-camera photos and videos
    • New animated live photos
    • A better Touch ID sensor
    • 3D Touch display with new input gestures & actions
    • Taptic engine for haptic feedback
    • Strong 7000 series aluminum enclosure
    • Rose gold color option
    • iOS 9, and much more

Although older iPhones, in fact every iPhone that can run iOS 8, will be able to install iOS 9, not all of them will be able to take advantage of the features included with the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, such as the live photos feature, which just makes your photos come alive.

Some of the downsides, however, include the smaller battery, which makes space for the new taptic engine, and the fact that AppleCare+ is now 30% more expensive to buy with the iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus. Moreover, Apple once again begins the lineup at 16GB despite the newfangled support for 4K video recording, which means you're not going to be doing a lot of 4K video recording at the base model, if any at all.

We're interested in knowing if Apple wowed you enough this year to make the upgrade; after all, pre-orders begin tomorrow! Although many of you, myself included, like to upgrade only every two years when Apple introduces a completely new design, we know there are some of you that like to upgrade each and every year so you can have the best of the best.

You can cast your vote in the poll below:

<iframe src="http://strawpoll.me/embed_1/5460803" style="width: 600px; height: 390px; border: 0;">Loading poll...</iframe>
    This article was originally published in forum thread: [POLL] Will You Upgrade to the iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus? started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 53 Comments
      tsatryan -
      Not until we see a jailbreak for it.
      Brandon.amos -
      Space Gray 64GB iPhone 6s Plus.
      Silverado1987 -
      Sure will apparently my work discount waives all activation and early upgrade fees every year. I think I'll go with space grey 64gb this time. That gold looks tempting. Hell that rose gold looks different even though it's gonna be in a case all the time. Ugh first world problems lol
      aftab1981 -
      No sheet iphone 6s or iphone 6 plus nothing new u can get same thing when u jailbreak
      rolandgabor -
      Quote Originally Posted by aftab1981 View Post
      No sheet iphone 6s or iphone 6 plus nothing new u can get same thing when u jailbreak
      Say what?
      aftab1981 -
      Read
      mark1958 -
      My 6 plus will suffice until the iphone7 !!!
      Brandon.amos -
      It'll be a nice upgrade from my 5s.
      cbrm -
      Quote Originally Posted by mark1958 View Post
      My 6 plus will suffice until the iphone7 !!!
      I can wait until 7S or 8 in my case
      Scotty Manley Silberhorn -
      Yes!! iPhone 6s plus 64gb
      plumoso -
      I wait for iPhone 7 I got 6+ 64 g
      weazle23 -
      have a 128gb 6+ will wait for the 7
      jco -
      I'm getting mine before att gets rid of their 2yr contract.
      jackbauerctu -
      I love the Harry Potter photo feature. But it's not enough to make me upgrade from my iPhone 6. I'll most likely upgrade to the 7.
      Julcello692 -
      Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
      Not until we see a jailbreak for it.
      There's hope! https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1&v=BtBqkj7RsFo
      Julcello692 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Brandon.amos View Post
      It'll be a nice upgrade from my 5s.
      Agreed, same here.
      WHUDS -
      Happy happy happy with my 128gb 6 maybe wait till 7 or 7s lol
      miketurbo123 -
      If I didn't lose my mobile share value savings on my AT&T account if I upgrade with a 2 year contract, I would get the iPhone 6s. Why am I forced to use AT&T next when It's the same as buying a phone at full price after 2 years? What happened when iPhone's were $200 with 2 year contracts that didn't change your monthly plan? You were even able to keep your phone after waiting for 2 years just by paying $200. AT&T has scammed their customers big time with the mobile share value saving lie.

I'm stuck with my iPhone 5s now [emoji22]
      vitaminme -
      its launching late in India, so no.
      buying 6, upgrade from 4s
      lilpetabread -
      Quote Originally Posted by miketurbo123 View Post
      If I didn't lose my mobile share value savings on my AT&T account if I upgrade with a 2 year contract, I would get the iPhone 6s. Why am I forced to use AT&T next when It's the same as buying a phone at full price after 2 years? What happened when iPhone's were $200 with 2 year contracts that didn't change your monthly plan? You were even able to keep your phone after waiting for 2 years just by paying $200. AT&T has scammed their customers big time with the mobile share value saving lie.

I'm stuck with my iPhone 5s now [emoji22]
      Most people, myself included and everyone I know, save over $50/mo with the share plans. My bill went from $220/mo to ~$145/mo. For me that's $75/mo or $1800/2 years I save. If I buy an iPhone every 2 years at full price, I still saved $950/2 years.

You save $25/mo per line if you buy your phones full price. It works especially well in my case as I pay the phone bill. Each line on my account buys their own phone with their own money. So for me, they pay full price for their phone and I have my monthly bill subsidized and don't have to worry about a contract.

There's obviously different variables to consider (like if you buy a new phone every month or if you purchase all of your line's phones for them) but overall, there is savings available, so it's not a scam. My $1800 saved by the time the iPhone 7 comes out says so!
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook