• Apple and Hermès Collaborate on the Apple Watch But Doesn't Make Apple 'Exclusive'

Apple and luxury designer brand Hermès recently collaborated on the Apple Watch and decided to tell The Wall Street Journal how the Apple Watch Hermès idea came about. Hermès director Pierre-Alexis Dumas and Apple design chief Jony Ive noted that the collaboration on the premium wearable device actually started months before the it was even unveiled. More specifically, the two companies worked on the Apple Watch Hermès last year.

Ive and Dumas apparently bonded over lunch in Paris last October and decided to work together then. The Apple design chief noted however, that although the smartwatch was one of the most costly products introduced at the event last week, it doesn't make Apple an ‘exclusive’ company.

“It’s something highly unusual for Apple to do—to talk about an unannounced project,” said Mr. Ive, 48 years old. They decided to partner over lunch in Paris, where Hermès is based, last October.

"We don’t think in those terms, I’m not comfortable with words like exclusive." […]
    Apple is definitely trying to build a name for themselves in the fashion industry and with this recent collaboration with Hermès, it further proves that point. There will be ten different strap models to choose from and will be handmade in France. For those who are interested, it will be available in certain Hermès locations as well as Apple locations in New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, Miami, and San Francisco starting October.

Source: The Wall Street Journal
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple and Hermès Collaborate on the Apple Watch But Doesn't Make Apple 'Exclusive' started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 2 Comments
      SirZyrion -
      Damn. I wish they were selling these bands individually. I don't really want to sell my Apple Watch just to buy this, but I like the black bands and the cuff.
      unison999 -
      Hermès is crazy expensive, don't know why they would do it...
      $35,000+ for 1 purse not making them enough money they have to go after watch band business?
      Wonder if they are going to have alligator skin bands, how would they show wild alligator skin versus raised alligator like they do on the bags...
      If they do make these the bands will be more expensive than Apple Watch itself.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook