• Select Chosen Developers Begin to Receive Apple TV Development Kits

Earlier this week, select developers started receiving notices of Apple TV development kits where Apple mentioned they would start sending out the kits soon. The Cupertino California company made good on its promise as some who were selected to take part in the early access program started to receive their kits recently.

Some developers such as Caleb Thorson, are taking to social media to post pictures of their Apple TV dev kit. Itís likely that a wave of many unboxings, first looks and comprehensive rundowns of the next-gen Apple TV are likely to hit the web soon.

For those of you who didnít know, Apple started informing developers selected to take part in the early Apple TV access program just a few days ago about the fact that their units would begin to ship late this week. These development kits are being sent out earlier so that developers can work on Apple TV apps ahead of the set-top boxís public launch in October. The chosen few developers were charged a $1 fee for the opportunity.

Appleís next-gen Apple TV is set to launch sometime in October with a starting price of $149 for an entry-level 32GB model, while a 64GB variant will end up setting you back $199.

Will any of you be getting a fourth-gen Apple TV upon its release?

Source: Twitter (Caleb Thorson) via AppleInsider
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Select Chosen Developers Begin to Receive Apple TV Development Kits started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 4 Comments
      holyshnikes -
      I'm totally going to get one of the new Apple TVs.
      bigboyz -
      I want to see the content it supports first. I made the mistake of buying a playstation 4 at launch with nothing interesting to play on it on my opinion. I don't want the same results with the new APTV. I'll wait for actual user reviews first this time.
      holyshnikes -
      I've had the original Apple TV for many years now and use it a lot. I've been waiting for a significant update for awhile now. This looks to fit that bill.

I think, and I could be wrong about this, but I think the upside of this will be when stations start to make apps for it. Meaning, for example, AMC creates an app for it. Now you can go to that app and stream any of the shows you want to. They'd still have to pay for their Comcast/verizon provider and use their log in to get into the app, but that's how I think it will be.
      agentdavid -
      Anyone else wondering why it's a $50 upgrade from 32gb to 64gb on the Apple TV yet a $100 upgrade for iDevices?
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook