• Apple Activates its Revamped iCloud Subscription Options

This past week, Apple made its updated iCloud storage plans active, improving some of the tiers while completely getting rid of others while leaving the free default plan unchanged. The free tier remains unlocked at 5 GB but the $0.99 option seems to have been upgraded from 20 GB to 50 GB and the 200 GB tier is now one dollar less per month, coming in at $2.99. The 500 GB seems to have been eliminated as well, although the cost of the 1 TB tier appears to be down $10 to $9.99.

Anyone who is currently using the 500 GB plan will be migrated to the 1 TB plan automatically despite the extra cost. The subscribers who are willing to make the sacrifice in storage space will always have the option to downgrade to the 200 GB plan.

The Cupertino California company has updated its pricing chart for fees outside of the US. Canada for example has paid subscriptions that start at $1.29 CAD for 50 GB.

Those of you who want to start or change plans will have to go into the iCloud menu in the iOS Settings app, OS Xs iCloud menu under System Preferences, or the dedicated iCloud for Windows client.

Were you affected by the recently changed iCloud plans? If so, how do you feel about the changes? Share your thoughts below!

Source: Apple via AppleInsider
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Activates its Revamped iCloud Subscription Options started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 2 Comments
      StaceyMJ86 -
      I have the 200gb plan and am not mad at all about the price decrease. I was thinking about downgrading to the 50gb plan now that I sold my 6 and traded in my 5s for the 6s+. Only time will tell.
      antsu -
      I got surprising email from apple saying that icloud storage changed from 20=>50gb. Kinda nice from them
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook