• Cook Offers an iPhone & Internship to a Teen Who Claims the Apple Watch Saved His Life

Apple CEO, Tim Cook, has reportedly offered a new iPhone and a 2016 summer internship to a high school student who recently claimed that his Apple Watch saved his life. Paul Houle, who plays football at a high school in Massachusetts said that he checked his heart rate on the Apple Watch after he suffered chest and back pain following a practice. The Watch claimed that his heart rate was 145 for two hours after practice, which pushed the teen to go to the hospital and seek help.

At the hospital, Houle was diagnosed with rhabdomyolysis, a condition which is trigged by exercise that can cause muscles to deteriorate and seep proteins. Houle explained the following regarding the matter:

I was so dehydrated that my muscles started to actually break down and release a protein that is sort of toxic into my blood stream which caused my heart, my liver and my kidneys all to shut down.
    The news about the incident ended up reaching Tim Cook who called Houle directly and offered the new iPhone and a 2016 summer internship. This event is one that will likely boost Apple’s publicity, particularly at a key time in an effort to keep Watch sales high going into the holidays and also to help drum up additional anticipation for the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus which are both set to launch on Friday.

Source: CBS San Francisco
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Cook Offers an iPhone & Internship to a Teen Who Claims the Apple Watch Saved His Life started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 2 Comments
      scottvalentine -
      I need to almost die so I can get some free stuff and work at Apple. Lucky
      swifty7 -
      I know right? Talking about an obvious publicity stunt. How greedy can Apple get. In all honesty though, my bro gave me a Galaxy Note 3 to play around, my first venture in the world of Android and to be honest I thought I was going to like and all but didn't. First of all, the majority and quality of Playstore apps are junk riddled with spyware. I don't understand why the free apps needs access to everything. Android is great for emulators and (easy)media consumption and a few games here and there. The one thing I'm going to sorely miss is Samung's AMOLED display which destroys Apple's IPS screen. I hope the new 6s's photo and video capabilities are top notch.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook