• Apple Releases New iOS 9.0.1 Specifically for the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus

On Thursday, Apple has released another iOS 9.0.1 to the public, although this version is specifically for the new iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus. As a result, only those with the iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus will get Thursday's update prompt.

Other iOS 9 device users should have received their iOS 9.0.1 upgrade prompt yesterday, when Apple released the firmware for the other iOS 9 device candidates. Those who upgraded their devices yesterday will not be prompted to install this update over their existing version of iOS 9.0.1.

iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus units that consumers pre-ordered are shipping with iOS 9.0, so those people will have to upgrade to iOS 9.0.1 when they receive their devices.

iOS 9.0.1 is mostly a bug-fix release. There are no new features to be reported on, or any significant changes to the operating system. Apple notes in the change log that the update fixes the following issues:

• A problem where users were unable to complete setup assistant after the iOS 9 upgrade
    • A problem where alarms and timers would fail to make a sound
    • A problem where pausing videos in Safari or Photos could cause the paused frame to appear distorted
    • A problem where configuring a custom APN would cause the iPhone to close its cellular data connection

Source: Apple
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Releases New iOS 9.0.1 Specifically for the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 4 Comments
      Magnum -
      [emoji106]🏽
      iYeow -
      iOS 9.0 was buggy so I updated mine as I was having some issues on my Safari.
      gldoorii -
      Sadly I still experienced the lag and stuttering animations on my 6 Plus (and Mini 2), so I downgraded both back to 8.4.1 while I still could and they are buttery smooth again. It sucks cause I was thinking about picking up an Apple Watch this weekend, but don't wanna give up a smooth OS for the ability to use the Watch. Hopefully an update comes soon to fix the issues.
      emilliondollars -
      I have iOS 9.0.1 on my iPhone 6s. Does anyone experience this issue when you rub on the Touch ID ring?

Well I was going to post a pic but I can't. Idk why. But when I rub Touch ID, the screen drops to half way down like if the spotlight was going to come up. But nothing really happens. Is this a new feature? Or a bug? Anyone have the same issue?
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook