• Samsung Attempts to Sell Phones to Those in Line for Apple's New iPhone



    Everyone knows Samsung and Apple are huge competitors and we know companies always try to steal customers away from one other, but we think Samsung outdid themselves this time around. According to The Inquirer, Samsung was looking for potential purchasers from customers waiting in line to get their new devices outside the Apple Store. Apparently this took place outside London’s Regent Street Apple Store as Samsung reps were promoting the new Galaxy S6 Edge+.

    The reps each had a flag on their backpacks that read “the itch to switch just got better.’ IBTimes also reported that the Korean-based company hired a marketing team to give out blankets, pillows, and bottles that had #NextisNew branded on them to overnight iPhone waiters. The blankets and pillows were in a blue color, mimicking Apple Retail Store staff t-shirts. According to IBTimes, the marketing company was actually successful in fooling some customers as some thought the products were handed out by Apple workers.

    They were given to us by Apple,” a person in queue told International Business Times. A friend of his, however, was a little more savvy, quietly informing him: “No man, it was Samsung, I did a little research.
    It was also noted that people wearing blue jackets with #NextIsNew on them handed out the bottles, pillows, and blankets. We definitely feel like Samsung reached an all-time low this time, but unfortunately, what they did most likely didn’t help their sales out at all. Better luck next time Samsung!



    Source: The Inquirer, IBTimes
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Samsung Attempts to Sell Phones to Those in Line for Apple's New iPhone started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 28 Comments
    1. Andy Rivera's Avatar
      Andy Rivera -
      At least they doing some good for the people waiting in line they must be thirsty and tired
    1. scroogelives's Avatar
      scroogelives -
      Lol poor Samsung!
    1. Silverado1987's Avatar
      Silverado1987 -
      Apple should tweet. "Thanks Samsung for supporting our customers" lol
    1. Striknine's Avatar
      Striknine -
      Samsung convinced me. This is the first year I decided against the iPhone since it came out. Just not interested in buying the same phone over and over again. This year I went with the S6 Edge Plus and actually really like it. Time for change for me.
    1. rolandgabor's Avatar
      rolandgabor -
      Greatest idea of stealing customers ever. Yet it still smells like desperation
    1. Al226's Avatar
      Al226 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Striknine View Post
      Samsung convinced me. This is the first year I decided against the iPhone since it came out. Just not interested in buying the same phone over and over again. This year I went with the S6 Edge Plus and actually really like it. Time for change for me.
      Props to you, I've tried Android before and it's really just not for me. I ONLY use JAILBROKEN iOS devices.
    1. atorres062's Avatar
      atorres062 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Al226 View Post
      Props to you, I've tried Android before and it's really just not for me. I ONLY use JAILBROKEN iOS devices.
      Same here I tried the Note 4 great phone I really liked it BUT Samsung just isn't for me either. Jalibroken iPhone is the only way to go!
    1. Al226's Avatar
      Al226 -
      Quote Originally Posted by atorres062 View Post
      Same here I tried the Note 4 great phone I really liked it BUT Samsung just isn't for me either. Jalibroken iPhone is the only way to go!
      Amen brother
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by rolandgabor View Post
      Greatest idea of stealing customers ever. Yet it still smells like desperation
      I don't see how this is a great idea. If I'm in a long line in sun or snow for an iPhone and someone gives me a blanket and a pillow, my wait wouldn't be as bad and I'll definitely stay in line to buy the iPhone. Now if they didn't give me a blanket and instead lay down next to me with a comfy pillow, I might say fcuk it I'm outta here.
    1. jackbauerctu's Avatar
      jackbauerctu -
      This is great!! Kudos to Samsung for providing blankets and pillows to people overnighting in the streets. Even if it didn't win over any switchers, at the very least, I'm sure the savvy customers were grateful for the extra comfort waiting in line.
    1. Answer1o1's Avatar
      Answer1o1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rivera View Post
      At least they doing some good for the people waiting in line they must be thirsty and tired
      I think they're energized and excited for their new iPhone
    1. rockyseay's Avatar
      rockyseay -
      I like iPhones and galaxy devices. Wish all this hate between Samsung and Apple customers would stop. What you like is what you freaking like.
    1. Selfmadexpert's Avatar
      Selfmadexpert -
      Lol, handing out free crappy stuff
    1. zplit's Avatar
      zplit -
      I try so many androids phones and always go back to iPhones. I don't dislike Samsung I just don't like android at alL. My iPhone plus jailbreak all i need.
    1. zplit's Avatar
      zplit -
      Quote Originally Posted by Selfmadexpert View Post
      Lol, handing out free crappy stuff
      I'm with you lol
    1. rodnutz's Avatar
      rodnutz -
      This is the first iPhone I won't be upgrading too and honestly it makes me sad. I'm not gonna lie though I kind of want to try the new Galaxy but like everyone else I can't see myself being without a Jailbroken iPhone. I've tried Android a few times so I'm no die hard Apple fanboy, but there is something about the OS I just can't seem to fall in love with.

      Anyway I hope there is a iOS 9 jailbreak soon so I can upgrade.
    1. fredHD's Avatar
      fredHD -
      When the iPhone 6 Plus came out I bought it, sold it and tried every single android flagships that came out, July 2015 back on the iPhone 6 Plus now typing on a 6s plus. No it's not quad HD and its 2Gb of ram and this and that, android users need to understand Apple are not here for specs even on the box of an iPhone you do not see cpu, ram info. With "lower on paper" spec the iPhone 6s/6splus benchmark kills everything out there at the moment, yes android users will say the multi cores is higher on the Galaxy s6 etc.. Yes the score is higher but 8 cores against 2 and the difference is minimal, just imagine a 4 cores iPhone [emoji15]. iPhones are selling more every year this must mean one thing people using over OS must be joining. But anyway I could go on but I bought the phone I prefer best and when the jailbreak is out, not even a rooted android can compare to jailbroken iPhone. They said the only thing that's changed is everything, people say it looks the same, yes it does but everything you touch on the body is different at least 95% of it. I stop now. Love the 3D Touch function on the keyboard [emoji108]🏽
    1. StaceyMJ86's Avatar
      StaceyMJ86 -
      I was an android user until the 4s came out. I never looked back. I can honestly say I love how iOS is. I rooted every android phone and jailbroke every iPhone I owned except my new iPhone 6s+. When the jailbreak come out for iOS 9 I can guarantee you mine will be jailbroken.
    1. gldoorii's Avatar
      gldoorii -
      Wow...this is pure desperation..
    1. rockyseay's Avatar
      rockyseay -
      Quote Originally Posted by fredHD View Post
      When the iPhone 6 Plus came out I bought it, sold it and tried every single android flagships that came out, July 2015 back on the iPhone 6 Plus now typing on a 6s plus. No it's not quad HD and its 2Gb of ram and this and that, android users need to understand Apple are not here for specs even on the box of an iPhone you do not see cpu, ram info. With "lower on paper" spec the iPhone 6s/6splus benchmark kills everything out there at the moment, yes android users will say the multi cores is higher on the Galaxy s6 etc.. Yes the score is higher but 8 cores against 2 and the difference is minimal, just imagine a 4 cores iPhone [emoji15]. iPhones are selling more every year this must mean one thing people using over OS must be joining. But anyway I could go on but I bought the phone I prefer best and when the jailbreak is out, not even a rooted android can compare to jailbroken iPhone. They said the only thing that's changed is everything, people say it looks the same, yes it does but everything you touch on the body is different at least 95% of it. I stop now. Love the 3D Touch function on the keyboard [emoji108]🏽
      I agree with you on some of this but you can't say that another device doesn't compare to jailbroken iPhones. That is completely opinionated.
  • Connect With Us

  • Twitter Box

  • Facebook