• Sorkin Apologizes for His Response to Remarks Made by Apple CEO Tim Cook

Last week on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Cook accused filmmakers in Hollywood of being “opportunistic” when it came to making movies about the late Apple co-founder, Steve Jobs. The screenwriter behind Universal’s Steve Jobs biopic, Aaron Sorkin, ended up responding to Cooks accusation in a rather harsh manner.

Sorkin told the folks over at the Hollywood Reporter that he and others took a pay cut to make Steve Jobs and suggested that Cook should actually see the film before judging it. Out of all of the remarks that he made, in his most controversial one, he accused Cook of hypocrisy given that suppliers, such as Foxconn, have been known to use underpaid and/or underage labor. Sorkin had the following to say regarding the matter:

If you've got a factory full of children in China assembling phones for 17 cents an hour, you've got a lot of nerve calling someone else opportunistic.
    With all being said and done, Sorkin ended up apologizing for his response to the remarks by Cook. As part of his apology, Sorkin commented the following to E! News:

You know what, I think that Tim Cook and I probably both went a little too far. I apologize to Tim Cook. I hope when he sees the movie, he enjoys it as much as I enjoy his products.
    For those of you excited to see the upcoming Steve Jobs movie, it is scheduled for a limited debut on October 9th and a wider release shortly after.

What do you think of the comments being made by both sides? Share your thoughts below!

Source: E! News, Hollywood Reporter
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Sorkin Apologizes for His Response to Remarks Made by Apple CEO Tim Cook started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 1 Comment
      unison999 -
      publicity, nothing else.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook