• [POLL] Will You Renew Your Apple Music Subscription?

Apple began poking users this Week to renew their subscriptions to Apple Music and/or enable automatic renewal. The notification comes as both a push notification on the user's devices, as well as a personal e-mail to the user's e-mail account.

Apple Music began on June 30th with the release of iOS 8.4, and launched alongside Apple's premier Beats 1 radio service. Since September 30th is tomorrow, these notifications coincide with the ending of the three-month free trial that Apple has offered since the beginning of Apple Music's release. After the free trial is up, users will pay $9.99 per month for an individual plan, or $14.99 per month for a family plan.

These prices combat Spotify almost equally, which charges $9.99 per month for a single user subscription, but more beneficially, Spotify also offers a $4.99 per month plan for students.

If you signed up for the Apple Music three-month free trial, we're curious on whether or not the service fits your needs and whether or not you'll be renewing your subscription after the free trial is over. As a result, we've included a poll for you below where you can leave your vote:

<iframe src="http://strawpoll.me/embed_1/5611104" style="width: 600px; height: 390px; border: 0;">Loading poll...</iframe>

Please also share in the comments what you like or dislike about Apple Music compared to the competitors out there.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: [POLL] Will You Renew Your Apple Music Subscription? started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 48 Comments
      anmiller07 -
      Not renewing, by my boyfriend is. I don't buy $120 of music in a year, so it makes no since to me to pay for this service. And I don't own the music, can't burn it to a CD, etc. But I've known since Day 1 that I wasn't going to renew as I just download everything I want. Cuz baby I'm a thug...
      TAPchaos -
      Starbucks gave me free Spotify premium membership, so nah.
      severe -
      I'm on the fence with this. I canceled my subscription for now. If I begin to miss it, I'll resubscribe.
      jackbauerctu -
      Quote Originally Posted by TAPchaos View Post
      Starbucks gave me free Spotify premium membership, so nah.
      Ummm what? Please share with the class. How'd you get it?
      oldskoolsk8r -
      Didn't get it to begin with and don't ever plan on getting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      drgonz0 -
      Quote Originally Posted by anmiller07 View Post
      Not renewing, by my boyfriend is. I don't buy $120 of music in a year, so it makes no since to me to pay for this service. And I don't own the music, can't burn it to a CD, etc. But I've known since Day 1 that I wasn't going to renew as I just download everything I want. Cuz baby I'm a thug...
      When your trial expires everything you downloaded will be locked out.
      dannyrocket -
      Yes I will. I don't have any issues with it.
      Dgow452 -
      I never joined up for the free service. Thought I would try my free trial end of October. Will that work or did u have to sign up for the free trial right away?
      anmiller07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by drgonz0 View Post
      When your trial expires everything you downloaded will be locked out.
      Downloaded, as in from a torrent or something. I could never use Apple Music Offline because I turned off the iCloud Music Library. Messed up my damned artwork and metadata.
      gldoorii -
      I really like the service a lot and love the Siri integration, but I took advantage of that $67 Prime subscription deal the other day and that gives me Prime Music, so, I don't really need two services. If I find out Prime Music sucks after awhile, then I'd have no problem going back to Apple Music. I really enjoyed using it.
      scroogelives -
      No I have music match and have all my music available online for 25 a year
      peacedog -
      Yep. As a family of five, it's costing us $3/person. No other music service is that cheap.
      smittyjf -
      I just signed up today so I'm possibly looking to it as a Sirius radio replacement. Both of our cars have BT Streaming and with Sirius, 1 car is almost 13.00 so with unlimited skips for Itunes radio and the ability to Dl for off line sounds very appealing. Plus my kids can use it too. so most likely yes
      StaceyMJ86 -
      I haven't tried the free trial yet. I was thinking of starting it on Oct. 1 or at the end of the month.
      holyshnikes -
      I am renewing. I can't believe how much I am actually using it. I didn't think I would, but after I did the trial, I am digging it. The suggestions are great and the service works very well.
      Eonhpi -
      not a fan of streaming music lagging and what not.i want my music on my device so no its not for me
      the_chosen_one -
      Ppl pay for music [emoji15]
      therandy -
      Yes, I'm renewing as I use it every day.

For those of you that are "stealing" music...come on, it's 2015. Downloading (torrent or otherwise) music to your hard drive is almost as outdated at the floppy disk. No one cares anymore about the size of your music library. Hell, with Apple Music, i guarantee my "library" is way bigger/longer/thicker than yours.

Oh, but about the steeling. You really should take a look at your life and say, "hmmm...is having this song or these songs on my computer hard drive really this important?" For what, so that you can make a CD...thats right a "Compact Disk" of your music for your car?!? Seriously, do you not have a car with bluetooth? Wait that's ok, you can ALSO use a 3.5mm jack and plug that crap into a head unit from 2000, whats that you say...a 15 year old car stereo might have an AUX port. YEP

With all of the streaming services, and with most of them offering a free tier, I do believe that they will start cracking down on the few that continue to pirate their way into jail cell. Especially when they are bold enough to post on public message boards of their theft. And with that, I wish you good luck.

Rant Over! Long live streaming music, no matter the service you choose =)
      Darkflame -
      I don't know if it was just my subscription but I heard so much millisecond skips and jumps in my music that it irritated me to the point that I stopped using it. Went back to pandora and spotify.
      anmiller07 -
      Yea, no my car doesn't have MP3/Aux/BT. And I'm not looking to upgrade anytime soon. But even I wanted to do this, what happens when I decide to move to another streaming service, do I rebuild my whole "library"? Yea, I'm not doing that. Or when I'm somewhere I may not have a network connection? The iCloud Library sounded promising, but I can't have it screwing up my tags. And it doesn't seem like they have been working to fix that.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook