• Video: iPhone 6s Drop Test

Yesterday, MMi shared a cool video from our friends at UnlockRiver showcasing how the new iPhone 6s stacks up against every other iPhone released since the device was first introduced in 2007.

Today, we've got another clip to share from the same crew. This time, however, we're getting a close-up look at just how resilient the iPhone 6s really is.

"Today we do an iPhone 6S Drop Test from 900 feet using a drone," the video's description reads. "This will test the durability and resistance of the new Apple iPhone 6S. Apple claims it is the phone with the strongest glass in the world. Will it survive this extreme Drop Test? Letís find out!"

So how did iPhone 6s hold up? Find out below.

This article was originally published in forum thread: Video: iPhone 6s Drop Test started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 19 Comments
      The Highlander -
      I don't see where they are conducting a test.
      sheltons.iphone -
      Dropping any phone from 900 feet is NOT drop testing it. They are seeing how much they can tear it up. Pathetic.
      Dgow452 -
      Now I'd like to see what happens when there is an otter box case on it( since most I think use a case) in case I drop mine from 900 feet
      slickric -
      adding a weight to the back of it kinda makes this pointless too as it will drop quicker than it other wise would without the addition
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by slickric View Post
      adding a weight to the back of it kinda makes this pointless too as it will drop quicker than it other wise would without the addition
      Plus adding a weight on the back makes certain that it'll land on glass.
      Al226 -
      The level of stupidity by these guys is unreal.
      Gamemaster77 -
      Quote Originally Posted by slickric View Post
      Objects fall at the same rate regardless of weight
      kalpesh78 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Al226 View Post
      nokia 3310 survived this test
      hogcia -
      God bless America
      quidam_brujah -
      Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster77 View Post
      *excluding offset due to other environmental effects (wind/water resistance, etc.)
      novadam -
      Are these the same brain surgeons who used iPhones as brake pads?
      scroogelives -
      Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
      Are these the same brain surgeons who used iPhones as brake pads?
      Yeah think so! Clearly too much money!
      WHUDS -
      Stupid, 12 feet 6 or 8 Feet drop sure but 900? why not 10,000 feet? jeesh
      politicalslug -
      Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster77 View Post
      This is only true in a vacuum.

In any other medium (air for instance) you have to contend with resistance. This affects how quickly it takes for an object to reach terminal velocity. Terminal velocity is only equal in a vacuum. In this case the added weight makes this test even less reliable from a practical perspective, assuming people actually think they may drop their device from such a height. Finally, the of air increases closer to the center of gravity (in this case the ground) so this would cause an object decelerate as it approaches the ground.
      javiert30 -
      Ok so based on the test, if my iPhone fall out of my pocket is going to hit the floor like is coming from 900 miles high and break. Oh ok I got you. Good to know guys, very constructive test.

Let me guess... you bought a new drone and wanted to test it, not really the iPhone 6S.
      broncosi -
      Quote Originally Posted by Al226 View Post
      HOLY ******* **** I CAN HEAR MY IQ DROPPING AFTER WATCHING THESE GUYS!

These are the type of guys that I have a deep desire to punch in the face for no reason. I'm not a violent person, but if any of these guys, including the guy narrating, ran across my path, I would sincerely take at least 7 minutes out of my day to chase them just to punch them in the face.
      Al226 -
      Quote Originally Posted by broncosi View Post

These are the type of guys that I have a deep desire to punch in the face for no reason. I'm not a violent person, but if any of these guys, including the guy narrating, ran across my path, I would sincerely take at least 7 minutes out of my day to chase them just to punch them in the face.
      Lol!! I'm not a violent dude either, but I'll join you brother!!
      docmagoo2 -
      Quote Originally Posted by broncosi View Post

Reminds me of Cletus from the Simpsons!
      kressley -
      Whatever was taped to the back is what hit the ground first. That's why the phone is bent backwards.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook