• Apple Has Stopped Signing iOS 8.4.1 and iOS 9.0 Following Release of iOS 9.0.2

Wednesday evening, Apple has stopped signing iOS 8.4.1, as well as iOS 9.0, after the release of iOS 9.0.2 to the public. This is a day to remember in history, because now there is absolutely no way to avoid iOS 9 when you want to restore your iOS device with iTunes. Moreover, by no longer signing iOS 9.0, users are now forced to iOS 9.0.1 or iOS 9.0.2.

For some, this is a disappointment, because iOS 9 has been nothing but laggy on various older iOS devices, including the recent iPhone 6 Plus. Dropped frame rates and sticky animations are plaguing thousands of users, and as a result, people are taking to the Apple Support forums to try and find a fix to no avail. iOS 8.4.1 was still a way out, allowing users to go back to a firmware that felt snappy and responsive.

For jailbreakers, this is still no big deal, since iOS 8.4 stopped getting signed last month and iOS 8.4.1 cannot be jailbroken due to the lack of a publicly-released jailbreak tool.

Notably, Apple is also working on releasing iOS 9.1, as it's currently in its developmental stages and is in beta testing. The firmware will add support for Apple's new iPad Pro and its accessories, like the Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard. There are also some new Emojis coming in the update.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">RIP 8.4.1 signing window… /cc <a href="https://twitter.com/TSSstatus">@TSSstatus</a></p>&mdash; iH8sn0w (@iH8sn0w) <a href="https://twitter.com/iH8sn0w/status/649364554267422720">September 30, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Has Stopped Signing iOS 8.4.1 and iOS 9.0 Following Release of iOS 9.0.2 started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 17 Comments
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Does this impact me in any way to use Cydia Impactor on 8.4?
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      Does this impact me in any way to use Cydia Impactor on 8.4?
      Cydia Impactor still works!
      Bo Troxell -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Cydia Impactor still works!
      Like a charm, great tweak. A lifesaver so to speak.
      StaceyMJ86 -
      I honestly haven't used my 6+ since my 6s+ arrived on the 25th. I still have my 6+ on 8.4 and am patiently waiting for a jailbreak for iOS 9.
      xboxbml -
      Totally sucks!!! Why stop signing a known good firmware when u have a known bad one?!?! Idiots!
      Bo Troxell -
      Quote Originally Posted by StaceyMJ86 View Post
      I honestly haven't used my 6+ since my 6s+ arrived on the 25th. I still have my 6+ on 8.4 and am patiently waiting for a jailbreak for iOS 9.
      Just the opposite for me. I used my 6s and 6s+ for 1 day to play with it, then went back to my jailbroken 6. For me, it's all about the jailbreak and the tweaks they provide.

I will be patient 'till a jailbreak is released for iOS 9.1, then open up the new toys.
      gldoorii -
      I'm so glad I was able to go back to 8.4.1 on my 6+ and Mini 2.
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by xboxbml View Post
      Totally sucks!!! Why stop signing a known good firmware when u have a known bad one?!?! Idiots!
      Who told you 8.4.1 and 9.0.1 is good? 9.0.2 is better than both. Not only in terms of features but also in terms of security and stability.
      hogcia -
      There's NO reason why the iPad 2 should have support for iOS9. It was already slow as **** with iOS8!
      TDH Advocate -
      People claim issues with iOS 9 on the 4s but mine (which was originally thought to be officially dead after being dropped in a toilet a year back) runs almost as smooth and fast as my 5s. Granted apps take a bit to open and can stutter from time to time but overall 9.0.1 has been an incredible help to such an old device. Much better than 8 ever was.
      Albut -
      Twats!
      jigar7 -
      Damn! Tinyumbrella beta 8.2.0.60 is s**t! Been frantically trying to save SHSH blobs for my iPhone 5 on 8.4.1 since the past 2 days but the new version never detected my device, and I could not find a way to download older versions of tinyumbrella which was actually working flawlessly for a lot of people. Guess it's too late now.
      xboxbml -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      Who told you 8.4.1 and 9.0.1 is good? 9.0.2 is better than both. Not only in terms of features but also in terms of security and stability.
      I didn't say 9.0 was good! 8.4.1 was buttery smooth on my ip5...9.0-choppy-unresponsive screen at times...9.0.1-same...9.0.2-only slightly better-still choppy, not fluid like 8.4.1...fortunately I was back on 8.4.1 when the window closed...I did go up to 9.0.2 on my work ip5s and didn't know window was closed so I'm stuck on that one...it's ok on 5s but still not what it needs to be!
      psxcancer -
      Regardless of the iOS, I'm just glad Apple came out with the 6 & 6 Plus. I'm not trying to update every time Apple comes out with improvements they got from the Jaibreak Community.

Also, a lot of the jailbreak developers seem like they were losing interest in iOS devices.

Like so many others, I was there for the original iPhone and when Cydia opened up a whole year before the App Store (The jailbreak community just brought the iPhone to a whole new level). Instead of playing catch up with the Android and the jailbreak community Apple should get on board with these developers.

Also, it's bull crap you can't install any version iOS that you want. ..... Why not?????
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by psxcancer View Post
      Regardless of the iOS, I'm just glad Apple came out with the 6 & 6 Plus. I'm not trying to update every time Apple comes out with improvements they got from the Jaibreak Community.

Also, a lot of the jailbreak developers seem like they were losing interest in iOS devices.

Like so many others, I was there for the original iPhone and when Cydia opened up a whole year before the App Store (The jailbreak community just brought the iPhone to a whole new level). Instead of playing catch up with the Android and the jailbreak community Apple should get on board with these developers.

Also, it's bull crap you can't install any version iOS that you want. ..... Why not?????
      Because they don't want iOS to become like Android.
      Leolion311 -
      I have shah saved for all my devices (iPhone 4,6plus&iPad3) but starting to think what's the point as it's not easy like it was with redsn0w
      rasputin007 -
      Releasing a new firmware version and stop signing the previous one every 2 weeks will defeat jailbreakes. LOL
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook