• Tweetbot 4 Launches in the App Store for Twitter Users



    Tweetbot fans are going to be happy today! The fourth generation of Tweetbot has been launched in the iOS App Store by Tapbots, and as you'd expect, it's good; really good.

    Tweetbot 4 is a great alternative to the free Twitter application offered by he social network, but it does come with a price tag. The new universal Tweetbot application has been given new features that compliment iOS 9's new APIs and functions, such as split-screen multitasking on the iPad, landscape support, a new statistics view, night mode, notification banner quick reply, and much more.

    Whatís New in Version 4:

    - iPad Support (Universal)
    - Landscape Support on iPhone and iPad
    - New Statistics and Activity View.
    - New Column View in Landscape on iPad and the iPhone 6+
    - Split View Multi-tasking on iPad
    - More Granular Mute Filter Settings
    - Quick Reply from Notifications
    - Safari View Controller with Support for Content Blockers
    - Improved User Profiles
    - Improved Status Detail
    - Refreshed User Interface
    - Many Optimizations Under the Hood
    Tweetbot is 50% off during its initial launch sale, so you can grab it for just $4.99 from the iOS App Store at this link before the application goes up to $9.99. Notably, all who purchased Tweetbot 3 for iOS will continue to be able to buy Tweetbot 4 for $4.99 even when the sale is up.

    Source: Tweetbot via Tapbots
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Tweetbot 4 Launches in the App Store for Twitter Users started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 33 Comments
    1. holyshnikes's Avatar
      holyshnikes -
      Charging again? Lame.
    1. RobLo76's Avatar
      RobLo76 -
      $9.99 for a Twitter app? Lulz.
    1. zplit's Avatar
      zplit -
      Worth every cent!!! Love it
    1. ArcaReborn's Avatar
      ArcaReborn -
      Not payin one cent! Why not free for people who already purchased the app?
    1. x2dope's Avatar
      x2dope -
      Is this better than echophon?
    1. zplit's Avatar
      zplit -
      Quote Originally Posted by x2dope View Post
      Is this better than echophon?
      Is the best Twitter client out there bro.
    1. Faisal Alfaisal's Avatar
      Faisal Alfaisal -
      one of the worst twitter app. keep charging clients , it does not matter you have the previous version or not!! unlike other apps
      ridiculous
    1. vitaminme's Avatar
      vitaminme -
      True!! this should have been a free update for existing users.
    1. nealh's Avatar
      nealh -
      I understand paying but the price of this app has skyrocketed. Full price is now $10. 50% sale exit 5 dollars?. No trial. To see if I like the updated version I'll pass.
      I didn't purchase, this on my Mac because the price was too high I'm surely not spending the extra when I can use the regular Twitter app for free
    1. novadam's Avatar
      novadam -
      When ford comes out with next year's model, you don't get it for free.

      I get that other apps might give major updates for free (though think about games -- infinity blade 1, then 2, then 3, etc -- I don't think those major updates were free), but that doesn't mean it's unreasonable to charge for a major new version.

      Just my opinion.
    1. xWalmartCandyx's Avatar
      xWalmartCandyx -
      Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
      When ford comes out with next year's model, you don't get it for free.

      I get that other apps might give major updates for free (though think about games -- infinity blade 1, then 2, then 3, etc -- I don't think those major updates were free), but that doesn't mean it's unreasonable to charge for a major new version.

      Just my opinion.
      Exactly! Just because you bought the previous version doesnt mean you should get something they worked hard on for free.
    1. nealh's Avatar
      nealh -
      I can test drive a ford. Cant test drive the new version of Tweetbot.

      I have no issues paying for an update, but the price increase would suggest "whole new app". I think the price point is too high and without a trial, I will pass for now.

      Otherwise, I hope you enjoy the new app.
    1. Prettymixedbish's Avatar
      Prettymixedbish -
      10 bucks? [emoji23]


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      I don't understand. The Twitter app has all those buttons under the tweets now more accessible than Tweetbot does. Is it $10 just for that chart screen?

      I like Safari view controller and mute filters, but come on.
    1. chanl's Avatar
      chanl -
      A LOT much for an app that you can't even really search on.....
    1. zplit's Avatar
      zplit -
      So simple people. $10 is too much? Well don't get the app and that's that. You have no guns pointing you to buy the app. I love tweetbot so I don't mind just like other people who don't mind the price and love the app. So just use Twitter app which is free.
    1. novadam's Avatar
      novadam -
      Quote Originally Posted by nealh View Post
      I can test drive a ford. Cant test drive the new version of Tweetbot.

      I have no issues paying for an update, but the price increase would suggest "whole new app". I think the price point is too high and without a trial, I will pass for now.

      Otherwise, I hope you enjoy the new app.
      I'm not on iOS 9 so I can't use it ... until 9 is jailbroken.

      As for the test drive, I wouldn't expect someone to spend $30K for something they haven't tried. Maybe my baller status is much higher than I thought, but I don't feel the same way about a five dollar bill.
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
      I'm not on iOS 9 so I can't use it ... until 9 is jailbroken.

      As for the test drive, I wouldn't expect someone to spend $30K for something they haven't tried. Maybe my baller status is much higher than I thought, but I don't feel the same way about a five dollar bill.
      You, sir, compared a $10 software to a $30k car.
    1. novadam's Avatar
      novadam -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      You, sir, compared a $10 software to a $30k car.
      to make the point that R&D isn't free. Not with regard to a "test drive."

      i can also compare a dog to a human with regard to the necessity of oxygen. It doesn't mean I'm saying dogs and humans are alike in every single respect.
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
      to make the point that R&D isn't free. Not with regard to a "test drive."

      i can also compare a dog to a human with regard to the necessity of oxygen. It doesn't mean I'm saying dogs and humans are alike in every single respect.
      Your analogy was bad. R&D in a $30k car vs $10 s/w is just not comparable.
  • Connect With Us

  • Twitter Box

  • Facebook