• Apple Announces its Newest Addition to its Board of Directors, James Bell

Apple recently announced that the former chief financial officer and interim CEO of The Boeing Company, James Bell, has been added to its board of directors. Bell spent 38 years working at Boeing where he also oversaw Boeing Capital Corporation and Boeing Shared Services. He even served as the interim CEO in 2005.

Tim Cook had the following to say about the matter:

James brings a wealth of global, financial and industrial experience from his successful career at Boeing as corporate president and CFO. I am thrilled to welcome him to Apple's board of directors and I look forward to working with him.
    It should be noted that Bell is also a member of the boards of JP Morgan Chase, Dow Chemical Company and CDW. He is also a Trustee of Chicago’s Rush University Medical Center, and has worked with New Leaders for New Schools in an effort to help develop talented teachers and principals. Bell said the following regarding the matter:

I am an avid user of Apple products and have a tremendous respect for the company's ability to innovate. I am delighted to join the Apple board and look forward to contributing to its continued success in any way I can.
    Art Levinson, the chairman of the Apple Board of directors, mentioned the following regarding the matter:

We look for outstanding individuals to strengthen our board's breadth of talent and depth of knowledge, and we are very happy to have identified a fantastic person in James Bell. I'm confident that he will make many important contributions to Apple.
    As the Cupertino California company continues its successful growth, investors in the company seem to have placed a large amount of confidence in the company’s board of directors. As a result, during this year’s annual shareholder meeting, the board members reelected with 95% support.

Source: Apple via AppleInsider
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Announces its Newest Addition to its Board of Directors, James Bell started by Akshay Masand View original post
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook