• Recent Experian Breach Affects Approximately 15 Million T-Mobile Customers

A recent breach of credit check firm Experian caused personal information of approximately 15 million T-Mobile users to be stolen. The attackers took customer data logged from September 1st, 2013 to September 16, 2015 according to Experian. Customer information including date of birth, Social Security numbers, names, addresses, driversí license numbers, and other required information were taken.

Although private information was stolen, the credit check firm noted that banking and payment information was not exposed and consumer credit database was not affected. According to Experian North America CEO Craig Boundy,

We take privacy very seriously and we understand that this news is both stressful and frustrating. We sincerely apologize for the concern and stress that this event may cause.That is why we're taking steps to provide protection and support to those affected by this incident and will continue to coordinate with law enforcement during its investigation.
    Those who were caught in the breach will be notified by the company and will apparently be offered credit monitoring for two years from ProtectMyID. To see this in full detail, be sure to check the FAQ webpage by clicking here. Mobile carrier CEO, John Legere, took to the companyís blog page and Twitter account to comment on this matter although not providing much information:

Obviously I am incredibly angry about this data breach and we will institute a thorough review of our relationship with Experian, but right now my top concern and first focus is assisting any and all consumers affected.
    This data breach may affect the number of customers considering switching over and maybe even staying with the mobile company, as they are going head to head with Sprint and competing with AT&T and Verizon. Would you continue staying at the mobile company if your information was stolen? Share with us in the comment section below.

Source: Experian, T-Mobile
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Recent Experian Breach Affects Approximately 15 Million T-Mobile Customers started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 2 Comments
      StaceyMJ86 -
      Unfortunately I possibly could be included in the breach. There was another alternative listed at T-Mobile | CSID, that I'm using instead of protectmyid. It also checks to make sure your social, bank, credit cards, checking accounts, address, DL, etc haven't been used.
      cmwade77 -
      And yet, we are supposed to be comfortable with Experian being one of the gatekeepers for our credit scores?
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook