• Friends and Family of Steve Jobs Object to New Sorkin Film

With the eagerly anticipated new film about the life of Steve Jobs set to open this weekend, we're hearing more about the efforts of family and friends to prevent the film from tarnishing the legacy of the late Apple co-founder.

According to The Wall Street Journal, the tech visionary's widow, Laurene Powell Jobs, and a delegation of like-minded supporters reportedly believe that the forthcoming film portrays the late company co-founder as "cruel and inhumane."

Ms. Jobs repeatedly tried to kill the film, according to people familiar with the conversations.
    A whole generation is going to think of him in a different way if they see a movie that depicts him in a negative way, Bill Campbell, a veteran Apple board member, is quoted in today's report.

In recent weeks, everyone from longtime friends of Steve Jobs to current Apple CEO Tim Cook, have railed against the film despite the fact that few of the movie's biggest objectors have actually not even seen the Aaron Sorkin-penned film.

Source: WSJ
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Friends and Family of Steve Jobs Object to New Sorkin Film started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 9 Comments
      politicalslug -
      "In recent weeks, everyone from longtime friends of Steve Jobs to current Apple CEO Tim Cook, have railed against the film despite the fact that few of the movie's biggest objectors have actually not even seen the Aaron Sorkin-penned film."

That makes no sense. Try this instead:

"In recent weeks everyone, from longtime friends of Steve Jobs to current Apple CEO Tim Cook, has railed against the film despite the fact that few of the movie's biggest objectors have actually seen the Aaron Sorkin-penned film."
      Kotin6006 -
      I would not be surprised if she did attempt to stop it. Steve was a very spiritual individual. It would be against his nature to be how this film is allegedly supposed to portray him. The CEO of the largest tech company cannot be seen as a spiritual individual in the American public. It would ruin how American business is supposed to work.
      I remember seeing numerous articles how the film was delayed a few times with people leaving. I wonder if it had something to do with her speaking out against it.
      miketurbo123 -
      +1
      cmwade77 -
      The problem is we all do good and bad things, much has already been put out has been only showing the positive and leaving the negative (or at least most of it) out of the equation, because anything negative gets this kind of treatment.
      RobLo76 -
      Aww boohoo.
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
      "In recent weeks, everyone from longtime friends of Steve Jobs to current Apple CEO Tim Cook, have railed against the film despite the fact that few of the movie's biggest objectors have actually not even seen the Aaron Sorkin-penned film."

That makes no sense. Try this instead:

"In recent weeks everyone, from longtime friends of Steve Jobs to current Apple CEO Tim Cook, has railed against the film despite the fact that few of the movie's biggest objectors have actually seen the Aaron Sorkin-penned film."
      The article is implying that people are objection even though they have not seen the film.
      tekwiz -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kotin6006 View Post
      I would not be surprised if she did attempt to stop it. Steve was a very spiritual individual. It would be against his nature to be how this film is allegedly supposed to portray him. The CEO of the largest tech company cannot be seen as a spiritual individual in the American public. It would ruin how American business is supposed to work.
      I remember seeing numerous articles how the film was delayed a few times with people leaving. I wonder if it had something to do with her speaking out against it.
      Yeah he was real spiritual, remind me how long it took him to admit to being his first daughter's father.
      PCYoda -
      Because everyone stopped buying Apple and started hating Steve after Pirates of Silicon Valley came out?
      steve-z17 -
      Quote Originally Posted by tekwiz View Post
      Yeah he was real spiritual, remind me how long it took him to admit to being his first daughter's father.
      Are you saying that you can't be a spiritual person and still make mistakes...? Obviously Jobs wasn't perfect, no one is. That doesn't mean you still can't be spiritual or religious. I can see Ms. Jobs POV, if it focuses more on his negative side than people may actually think that way about him, when in reality he made mistakes but he also did a lot of good! If the film can portray a good balance of both than it might not be so bad.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook