• U.K. Bank Barclays Not Getting Apple Pay Support Until Early 2016

New reports are saying U.K. bank Barclays won’t be getting Apple Pay until early next year, even though the wireless mobile payment system was released in the U.K. 3 months ago. Currently, more than 250,000 locations in Wales, England, Northern Ireland, and Scotland have the payment system set up, but Barclays won’t have the support until 2016. According to Barclays CEO of Personal and Corporate Banking, the launch will be early in the new year even though they have already signed up for Apple Pay. Ashok Vaswani’s response to a customer complaint was as follows:

We have signed up for Apple Pay and will launch it very early in the New Year. We truly value your custom and hope that you continue to bank with us particularly since we are launching this shortly.
    Major U.K. banks including M&S Bank, HSBC, Royal Bank of Scotland, and Lloyds already support Apple Pay and the majority of banks have gotten the system ever since the release in July. Barclays was one of the first banks to announce support for Apple Pay when it was first announced to expand in the region, but has since not only missed the July launch but the second expanded rollout last month as well. No specific launch date was ever provided by the bank, as they’ve always only said ‘support would be coming soon.’ Even until now, no set date has been announced or given.

Source: Mike Jobson
    This article was originally published in forum thread: U.K. Bank Barclays Not Getting Apple Pay Support Until Early 2016 started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 2 Comments
      rickuk -
      Too late, already moved my current account and credit cards to banks that support Apple Pay
      tv_21 -
      Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
      Too late, already moved my current account and credit cards to banks that support Apple Pay
      yes Barclays always behind the curve. BoS seem to be on the ball and I thought they at one time were the Scottish part of Barclays. have to say its great I use Apple pay everywhere, don't take cash now, or find looking for a colleague "Could I borrow £5 and my kids took it off me ".

I suppose downside is those homeless folks asking "any spare change" - Seems cruel beyond the pale to say I have my oyster card and my phone, I just don't carry cash
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook