• Facebook Adds Support for iPhone 6s/6s Plus' 3D Touch Feature in Latest App Update

On Monday, Facebook released an update for its iOS application bringing the application up to version 41.0 in the iOS App Store.

The update appears to add support for 3D Touch on the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, which support the ability to press firmly on the application icon while on the Home Screen to bring up features like quickly composing a post, uploading a photograph or video, or taking a photograph or video.

Annoyingly, Facebook doesn't note any changes in the change log, which just like every other Facebook application update, vaguely states:

Thanks for using Facebook! To make our app better for you, we bring updates to the App Store every 2 weeks. You can update the app automatically (without checking back here) by going to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Automatic Downloads and turning on Updates.

Every update of our Facebook app includes improvements for speed and reliability. As other new features become available, we’ll highlight those for you in the app.
    With that being said, users are never going to figure out that the application has the new feature without being told that it does. Nonetheless, if you have one of Apple's latest iPhones, you can now use this feature, along with the recently-released Facebook Messenger for the Apple Watch.

If you want to update to the latest version of Facebook from the App Store, you can do so from the Updates tab. Alternatively, you can download the latest version of Facebook for free from this App Store link.

Thanks @rv1raj!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Facebook Adds Support for iPhone 6s/6s Plus' 3D Touch Feature in Latest App Update started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 5 Comments
      holyshnikes -
      I hate that they don't put their change logs on the updates.
      Brandon.amos -
      I know. That's annoying now. Just like how Windows Updates don't show what is changed anymore either.
      Clem-Clone -
      It's not avaible yet, well, for me anyway
      bigboyz -
      I tested it on FB and it works fine. Works on Instagram as well.
      StaceyMJ86 -
      I have zero problems with it.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook