• Tesla CEO Uses Twitter to Clear Up Previous Comments He Made About Apple

Just a few days ago, we reported that Tesla CEO Elon Musk took a few jabs at Apple during an interview with German newspaper Handelsblatt, regarding interest in hiring ex-Tesla employees, the Apple Car, the iPad Pro and Apple Pencil. However, Musk recently decided to clear the air by posting a few messages on Twitter. Originally, Musk had called Apple the “Tesla Graveyard” and made fun of their products like the Apple Watch and upcoming iPad Pro.

In a series of recent Tweets, the CEO backtracked on his comments and instead wrote:

Yo, I don't hate Apple," he said before stating "it's a great company with a lot of talented people." Musk says he loves Apple products and he's "glad they're doing an EV (electric vehicle).
    Previously, Musk said that Apple wouldn’t be able to just go to Foxconn and ask for a car to be built and also responded with “did you ever take a look at the Apple Watch?” when asked about the electric car. He recently however, said otherwise:

Regarding the watch, Jony & his team created a beautiful design, but the functionality isn't compelling yet. By version 3, it will be.
    We wonder if the automaker CEO got in trouble for some of the things he said about Apple, which is why he used Twitter as his way of clearing things up. Or it could be just Musk taking the necessary precautions before people start blasting him on the things he said. What are your thoughts? Share with us in the comment section below.

Source: Twitter via Elon Musk
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Tesla CEO Uses Twitter to Clear Up Previous Comments He Made About Apple started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 5 Comments
      tridley68 -
      Sounds like Elon is a little salty maybe he has wanted to work for Apple and they have passed him up several times.
      bigboyz -
      Gotta love when someone says what they feel and it doesn't go over well with stock holders or the public. They then recant and or "clear up" what they previously stated. "Being honest doesn't make $$" - bigboyz12000 :]
      steve-z17 -
      The guy is an idiot! He's obviously trying to dig himself out of a hole. Did he really say, "Yo, I don't hate Apple..." so lame!
      ravelsnip -
      Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
      The guy is an idiot! He's obviously trying to dig himself out of a hole. Did he really say, "Yo, I don't hate Apple..." so lame!
      Yo, I completely agree with you. What an idiot this musk seems to be. Cant have the balls to stick with his own statement.
      unison999 -
      It is easy for people with no real wealth to say I would have stuck to what I said...
      When you have billions to lose AND possibly gets dragged into lawsuits and counter lawsuits with Apple, it is the company with deeper pocket wins and that is not going to be Tesla.
      He does have valid point when he said what he said there is absolutely no innovation after Jobs past away, Elon Musk backtrack because he have a lot of money to lose or get tied up in litigation which means I personally WOULD DO THE SAME THING if I was him.
      Also because Tesla have so much electric vehicle patents, Apple will need some to get Apple Car working. When Apple do come out with a car and use his patent, Tesla pocket will only get bigger... That is if Apple refuse to pay it then ties up the payment with lawsuits etc etc, so maybe get some sort of relationship going now so it would not be so awkward in the future.
      Seems to me they are both in the wrong business, the lawyers with no innovation with nothing to lose is getting fat off off of all these litigation. When is Apple going to start Siri like iLawyer? iLawyer I spilled coffee on my lap in McDonalds!! 5 min later iMessenger brings a notice to appear hearing notice to manager of that McDonalds...
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook