• Saurik Updates Cydia Substrate and Cydia Installer for Pangu's New iOS 9 Jailbreak

Early Wednesday morning, the jailbreak community was taken by surprise of an official public jailbreak for iOS 9.0-9.0.2 by the Pangu Jailbreak Team.

Although the jailbreak has been out for about 10 hours as of this writing, Saurik is already kicking some butt with the release of an updated Cydia Substrate and Cydia Installer this morning that work with iOS 9 and the Pangu jailbreak.

Cydia Installer 1.1.24, as well as Cydia Substrate 0.9.6000 are now available by way of the Changes tab in Cydia, and can be installed to better improve stability on the Pangu iOS 9 jailbreak.

Please note that despite Cydia Substrate's compatibility with iOS 9 at this moment, many of the jailbreak tweaks available in Cydia have not yet been updated for iOS 9, and as such, you should wait for the tweaks to be updated so you don't create an unstable iOS 9 device.

Among one of the more popular jailbreak tweaks in Cydia, Barrel, is going to be available for iOS 9 very soon. The developer behind the tweak, Aaron Ash, is already teasing a compatible update:

If you need any help with jailbreaking your iOS 9 device, you can head over to our guide at this link to read all about how the process is done.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Saurik Updates Cydia Substrate and Cydia Installer for Pangu's New iOS 9 Jailbreak started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 10 Comments
      mexchorizo -
      I JB my i6S plus but the tweaks are not showing up on settings panel...anyone else having that issue??
      King_O_Hill -
      Quote Originally Posted by mexchorizo View Post
      I JB my i6S plus but the tweaks are not showing up on settings panel...anyone else having that issue??
      Everyone has this issue as Preference Loader has not been updated yet. Therefore anything that is supposed to show up in Settings, will not show up until this is updated.
      mexchorizo -
      Ok thnx. That's the culprit then ..
      jedimyndtryx -
      Quote Originally Posted by mexchorizo View Post
      PreferenceLoader hasn't been updated yet
      signori -
      Its going to be weeks till a lot of the good tweaks are up and running on ios 9.
      rodnutz -
      Just need lockdown pro and icaughtupro and I'm good! Can't wait!

Thank you Pangu for the jailbreak.
      sknet -
      give 3 weeks at least for all nice tweaks updated, i think 9.1 will out december so still got time
      King_O_Hill -
      The iPad Pro runs 9.1, so it will be ready just before that release.
      Clem-Clone -
      Quote Originally Posted by jedimyndtryx View Post
      PreferenceLoader hasn't been updated yet

It's been updated, but will not install 'size mismatch'

Clem-Clone -
      [QUOTE=Clem-Clone;7315870]It's been updated, but will not install 'size mismatch'

working now
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook