• Thinking About Jumping to Jailbroken iOS 9? We Say Go for it!

If youíre on iOS 8 right now, and want to jump to iOS 9 with a jailbreak, you may want to do so sooner rather than later.

iOS 9.0.2 is currently the latest version of iOS that can be installed on an iOS device without a developer account or Public Beta Program subscription, and iOS 9.1 beta is almost done being a beta, so you can expect a public release soon. When that happens, Apple will shortly after stop signing older versions of iOS 9, and there will be no way to go back to a jailbreakable firmware.

The new Pangu 9 jailbreak that was released last night only supports up to iOS 9.0.2, as iOS 9.1 closes the security hole(s) used. With that being said, it may be a good idea to go ahead and upgrade now while you still have the chance so that you don't regret it later when iOS 9.1 is released.

Mobile Substrate and Cydia Installer, as well as various other dependencies, are already iOS 9-compatible as of this morning, thanks to hard work put in by @saurik. With that being said, most of your favorite jailbreak tweaks can now be updated to work with iOS 9, and updates are likely to follow within the next couple of days or weeks.

The benefits of iOS 9 are more than marginal. You get support for watchOS 2, improvements to battery life & low power mode, a wide variety of new features, and tons of UI improvements. A full list of the biggest new features in iOS 9 can be read about at this link.

You'll also have the most up-to-date security improvements and features, because iOS 9.0.2 is currently the latest public firmware. So it's a win/win for jailbreakers that want to have their cake and eat it too. Adding a jailbreak to iOS 9 will make it that much cooler, so why not jump aboard today?

We posted a guide on how to jailbreak iOS 9.0-9.0.2 with Pangu 9 that you can follow along to ensure that the jailbreak process goes as smoothly as possible.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Thinking About Jumping to Jailbroken iOS 9? We Say Go for it! started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 11 Comments
      Eonhpi -
      i dont like the interface of ios 9 ill stick with 8.4
      sknet -
      gonna wait at least 3 weeks....just hope 9.1 not out till december or xmas
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by sknet View Post
      gonna wait at least 3 weeks....just hope 9.1 not out till december or xmas
      It's supposed to be out by the end of this month, or November. It's intended for the iPad Pro and its accessories, but will almost certainly hit the public before then.
      davec -
      not until F.lux, PDANet, and PreferenceLoader are working
      Nuff Said -
      How does the iPhone 5 work on ios9? I don't want to deal with lag.
      jery911 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Nuff Said View Post
      How does the iPhone 5 work on ios9? I don't want to deal with lag.
      Same thing I was wondering
      DucMike -
      I'm on 9.1b5 currently so I'll have to give some thought to restoring mine back down to 9.0.2. Unless that loophole is still open, given that it's not a public or GM-version of 9.1. Anyone...? Anyone...? Bueller...?
      wamoinc -
      I've got an older 32bit Windows machine so I can't run it yet and I have a Mac at home. Just wait for the Mac version.
      Robmille -
      Quote Originally Posted by Eonhpi View Post
      i dont like the interface of ios 9 ill stick with 8.4
      That's a LOT of security vulnerabilities you are leaving yourself open to, cause you "don't like the interface".

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205212
      Nuff Said -
      Quote Originally Posted by Robmille View Post
      That's a LOT of security vulnerabilities you are leaving yourself open to, cause you "don't like the interface".

There will be vulnerabilities with every iOS. iOS 9 has some too and you don't even know it.
      StuG III -
      Quote Originally Posted by Robmille View Post

Are those not security holes that exist as of 9.0.2?
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook