• TD Canada Trust Leak Points Toward Upcoming Apple Pay Launch in Canada

Just one year after it made its debut in the US, Apple’s NFC-based mobile payment solution, Apple Pay, may finally be on the verge of launching in Canada. The information was leaked by a local bank TD Canada Trust, which hinted at the news recently. A footer on the bank’s website offered a link to an Apple Pay page briefly according to the folks at iPhone in Canada.

Although the page is now pulled, it explained that TD customers would be able to add personal credit and access cards via Apple’s service. Individual transactions were noted to be limited to $100 temporarily and were said to be “subject to change.” The bank’s US subsidiary, TD Bank, previously launched Apple Pay support in December 2014, which would make its parent company likely to be among the first Canadian backers.

The Cupertino California company has been rumored to expand its Apple Pay initiative into Canada for quite some time. Reports were indicating that the move may occur in November As of right now, no one seems to have offered a timetable but the creation of promotional materials suggests that TD has already entered an agreement and is set to launch support sometime in the near future. Furthermore, Apple Canada seems to have already registered the domain applepay.ca as well.

Are any of you Canadians excited? Share your thoughts below!

Source: iPhoneCanada
    This article was originally published in forum thread: TD Canada Trust Leak Points Toward Upcoming Apple Pay Launch in Canada started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 2 Comments
      bcondemi -
      In Canada, we have chips (embedded microchips) on all out debit and credit cards. When paying at any store we simply tap (touch) our cards on the terminals and payments are instant. We have had this system already in place for years now.
      For me, I'm not sure how Apple pay will make it better than what I already have...Maybe the ability to store all cards in one place? I already have all my cards in one place...my wallet.
      I'll try it out anyway.
      Perlova -
      Quote Originally Posted by bcondemi View Post
      In Canada, we have chips (embedded microchips) on all out debit and credit cards. When paying at any store we simply tap (touch) our cards on the terminals and payments are instant. We have had this system already in place for years now.
      For me, I'm not sure how Apple pay will make it better than what I already have...Maybe the ability to store all cards in one place? I already have all my cards in one place...my wallet.
      I'll try it out anyway.
      Can't wait to have my credit cards available on my Apple Watch. My wallet is too bulky.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook