• Saurik Updates Cydia Substrate With Fixes for the 32-bit Armv7 Slice

On Thursday, alongside the release of an updated Pangu9 jailbreak tool from the Pangu Jailbreak Team, Cydia founder Jay Freeman (Saurik) has released an update to the essential Cydia Substrate package by way of the Cydia Store's Changes tab.

The updated Cydia Substrate improves support for the 32-bit armv7 slice and prevents problems that were occurring with packages made to load into Cydia itself. Due to a change Apple made in the iOS 9 operating system, many tweaks made with 32-bit binaries will have to recompiled with -WI,-segalign,4000.

The full change log below:

0.9.6010 fixes the 32-bit armv7 slice, which was keeping extensions from loading into Cydia. (Note that, additionally, all 32-bit binaries, in particular extensions, must be recompiled using -WI,-segalign,4000 for iOS 9 due to a change made by Apple. Extensions that have not been recompiled might “get lucky” and work, but they will usually either fail or even crash.)
    The updated Cydia Substrate is available in Cydia right now and is recommended for everyone so that they have the latest bug fixes and improvements.

If you haven't yet jailbroken your iOS 9 device, and want to, you can read our guide on how to do so at this link.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Saurik Updates Cydia Substrate With Fixes for the 32-bit Armv7 Slice started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 5 Comments
      jackbauerctu -
      Anyone know if Cydia impactor will be updated for iOS 9? With 9.1 just around the corner I really would like a way to restore my phone and keep it jailbreakable in case I mess up somewhere.
      rolandgabor -
      I wish I knew what " 32-bit armv7 slice " was [emoji23][emoji23]
      Phoenix199018 -
      Quote Originally Posted by rolandgabor View Post
      I wish I knew what " 32-bit armv7 slice " was [emoji23][emoji23]
      Lol I wish I knew too [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
      bbrks -
      Google is our best friend, as usual
      Bo -
      Quote Originally Posted by jackbauerctu View Post
      Anyone know if Cydia impactor will be updated for iOS 9? With 9.1 just around the corner I really would like a way to restore my phone and keep it jailbreakable in case I mess up somewhere.
      I feel confident Jay will update it soon. A great tool.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook