• Waze Version 4.0 Released; Touts Design Overhaul, Improved UI, Less Battery Consumption

One of the most popular maps and traffic apps on both the iOS and Android platform, Waze, was recently updated with not only a major redesign but also a user interface overhaul and quicker access to useful actions.

With the recent update, the maps in the app are easier to read and color-coded for quicker recognition. With a single tap, users will now be able to send directions, location or estimated time of arrival to contacts. You can also get reminders based on the traffic, which makes it easier to get to any destination on time (assuming your calendar is synced with Waze).

One of the most important parts of the update is that it promises “significantly reduced” battery consumption – a welcomed introduction given the app’s dependence on GPS and keeping the screen on.

Those of you interested in watching a video about the update can do so below:

The 4.0 Waze for iOS app update has already been released and is free to download, as long as you have an iPhone or iPad with iOS 7 or later (though you’ll need a cellular equipped iPad to have the built-in GPS).

Source: iTunes (Waze)
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Waze Version 4.0 Released; Touts Design Overhaul, Improved UI, Less Battery Consumption started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 12 Comments
      StaceyMJ86 -
      I love the new update.
      Gcruz -
      Update is ok.. But it's missing stuff. Yesterday on the highway I could see traffic building up on the opposite side, went to Waze it and I couldn't. Didn't give me the option of to choose what side of the highway traffic was building up :/
      StaceyMJ86 -
      I haven't had any problems so far. I was alerted ahead of time of a major accident on my normal route and it re-routed me beforehand. I got my daughter to school extra early.
      kyphur -
      The thing with ease is that it's designed for you to report the traffic you're driving in not the other direction. Waters on that side will be a better measure of where the heavy traffic starts and where it returns to normal.
      Carvensno -
      Mine hasn't giving me my points since the update. Missing mileage points and candy points for doing and reporting stuff.
      warthog3 -
      I've been a bit disappointed in this update. Aesthetically, it is much nicer. Functionally, I see a few problems.

First, I really do not like that the Waze app is not constantly polling for my location - even while in 'Sleep Mode'. In previous versions, this would only happen while using the Calendar events function, however the location polling is constant now regardless of that setting.

Also, there is a screen-size display issue on my iPhone 5S. The report function cuts off the map error bottom icon as seen below.

vinaygoel2000 -
      Is it optimized for larger screen size?
      StaceyMJ86 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
      Mine hasn't giving me my points since the update. Missing mileage points and candy points for doing and reporting stuff.
      I got points for alerting drivers.
      Eonhpi -
      an opinion to put the hazard at a point the ive passed by is much needed
      swifty7 -
      and still no lane guidance...hmmm! I think I'll stick with Google maps, thank you very much!
      yahoochat -
      i think tomtom still best navigation
      StaceyMJ86 -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      Is it optimized for larger screen size?
      Yes. My screen to make a report isn't cut off on my 6s+.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook