• Those With the Intention of Jumping to iOS 9 and Jailbreaking Should Do So Soon

iOS 9.1 was released just this week with improvements for the operating system and some new Emojis, so if you were thinking about jumping to iOS 9.0.2 to jailbreak with the new Pangu9 jailbreak tool, now is the time to get that done before Apple closes the signing window for iOS 9.0.2 for good.

Apple is known to close signing windows for outdated firmware approximately a week after the release of a major update. Apple does this to prevent downgrading so that security holes in the operating system canít be exploited for malicious intentions, as well as jailbreaking. Once the signing window is closed, it will be impossible to downgrade or update to iOS 9.0.2 and jailbreak your device with Pangu9.

iOS 9.0.2 is the latest jailbreakable firmware, and iOS 9.1 kills the jailbreak. If you already upgraded to iOS 9.1, itís still currently possible to downgrade back to iOS 9.0.2 by using the DFU mode restore method with iTunes and Shift or Option-clicking the ďRestoreĒ button and then selecting the iOS 9.0.2 firmware file.

Those with any intention of having a jailbreak on their iOS 9 device(s) should get their devices to iOS 9.0.2 sooner rather than later. The longer you wait, the less of a chance you may have to jailbreak iOS 9 because you never know if Apple is going to follow previous patterns or not.

Itís worth noting that Saurik says heís working on an update for Cydia Impactor that will allow those jailbroken on iOS 9 to easily revert back to a non-jailbroken state, which would allow users to essentially re-jailbreak their iOS 9 devices with a fresh start whenever they wanted to.

If you need help jailbreaking iOS 9, we've posted a full guide at this link explaining how to jailbreak with Pangu9.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Those With the Intention of Jumping to iOS 9 and Jailbreaking Should Do So Soon started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 75 Comments
      Nuff Said -
      Question: I'm already on that firmware. If I wait till the signing window has passed will I still be able to jailbreak? I ask because I heard a fresh install is mandatory for this jb. My phone is fairly new/fresh.
      annapl -
      Quote Originally Posted by Nuff Said View Post
      Question: I'm already on that firmware. If I wait till the signing window has passed will I still be able to jailbreak? I ask because I heard a fresh install is mandatory for this jb. My phone is fairly new/fresh.
      if you are on ios 9.0.2 u can jailbreak at any time even after apple closes signing window.
      sknet -
      8.4 still rocking hard!
      steve-z17 -
      Yeah you can still JB even after Apple stops signing. However there has been a number of bugs reported when JB even with the latest Pangu9 update. A freshly restored iPhone seems to make the JB process work smoother and a smaller chance of running into problems. So if it were me I'd JB as soon as I could.
      bmwraw8482 -
      It did take me 2 tries but I didn't have a fresh 9.0.2 install and it worked just fine. Signing window will only affect your ability to stay on 9.0.2 should something go wrong.
      Nuff Said -
      Thanks for the responses. Gonna try and jb today.
      tommyt500 -
      Thanks for the heads up on this.
      Quick question ... where can i download the 9.0.2 firmware?
      I've checked your Download page however it is not up to date.
      Thank you kindly!
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by tommyt500 View Post
      Thank you kindly!
      Ipsw.me
      iBwizzle -
      The initial release is always buggy and soon to be followed with a major fix. They should have just waited till 9.1 to release the jailbreak.
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by iBwizzle View Post
      The initial release is always buggy and soon to be followed with a major fix. They should have just waited till 9.1 to release the jailbreak.
      There was no point in waiting for 9.1 as it had already closed the exploits they used for this jailbreak.
      BerkeleyBailey -
      Quote Originally Posted by tommyt500 View Post
      Thank you kindly!
      Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From - iClarified
      bookem15 -
      Any word on when the Mac jailbreak will be done?
      Bo -
      Quote Originally Posted by bookem15 View Post
      Any word on when the Mac jailbreak will be done?
      To be honest, with the window for jailbreaking ending real soon, I doubt we will see a Mac version.
      NSXrebel -
      Didn't Pangu tweet saying we would get a 9.1 jailbreak within 24 hours like a few days ago??

So glad I didn't wait and updated/jailbroke 9.0.2!!
      Bo -
      Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
      Didn't Pangu tweet saying we would get a 9.1 jailbreak within 24 hours like a few days ago??
      That was fake. Not the real Pangu team.
      mazzanic -
      Quote Originally Posted by sknet View Post
      8.4 still rocking hard!
      Ditto. Running real smooth still. I do kinda want the middle finger emoji though. Hate seeing ? Marks for it..
      Oddlane -
      Can I update from a jailbroken iOS 8 .4 to iOS 9.0 .2, and then jailbreak? Or do I have to restore first since my phone is already jailbroken?
      Bo -
      You should do a DFU restore, set up as new. Download the iOS 9.0.2 firmware and hold shift, click restore and point to the firmware.
      Then jailbreak.
      If you update by clicking "Update" in iTunes, it will load iOS 9.1, not jailbreakable.

Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From - iClarified
      justinpotter81 -
      Why didn't they wait to release the jailbreak for 9.1? Was the hole fixed in the betas?
      Bo -
      Quote Originally Posted by justinpotter81 View Post
      Why didn't they wait to release the jailbreak for 9.1? Was the hole fixed in the betas?
      Yup, closed the 2 vulnerabilities.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook