• Siri Won’t Answer Music Chart Questions for Non-Apple Music Subscribers

Users are noting that Apple’s Siri voice assistant in iOS now refuses to answer any questions about music charts for people who aren’t subscribed to Apple Music. When asked about the matter, Siri responds with the following:

Sorry, [username], I can't look up the music charts for you. You don't seem to be subscribed to Apple Music.
    The situation as a whole stems from Siri’s app hooks, since users who do have Apple Music subscriptions are being bounced into the iOS Music app. What makes the matter a bit more complicated is that Apple doesn’t market that Siri questions such as these are exclusive to Music subscribers and it could theoretically separate its chart database for people who want to know, rather than play, what was on a chart on a given date.

With all being said and done, Apple Music was new to the territory this month as this was the first month that Apple’s free three-month trials expired. Last week, Apple CEO Tim Cook revealed that the service has roughly 6.5 million paid subscribers, which is well below that of Spotify’s 20 million. In this comparison, you do have to realize that Apple Music is less than four months old though so the numbers are still quite impressive considering the fact it is relatively new comparatively.

We’ll have to see how Apple responds to this situation and how the issue is fixed.

Source: Business Insider via AppleInsider
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Siri Won’t Answer Music Chart Questions for Non-Apple Music Subscribers started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 12 Comments
      miketurbo123 -
      This is hilarious. [emoji23]
      jaimeloz -
      What a ***** Siri [emoji19]
      steve-z17 -
      Snobbish Siri...
      fleurya -
      That's crap. Siri and Music are two separate functions on the device, even though Siri can control Music.

What should happen is that Siri should just do the default web search action.
      mik3y08 -
      Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
      That's crap. Siri and Music are two separate functions on the device, even though Siri can control Music.

What should happen is that Siri should just do the default web search action.
      Because it is so hard to add "search Google for" ahead of your question.
      hogcia -
      Ok Apple you got me, I will reinstate my subscription.....NOT!
      Perceptum -
      Quote Originally Posted by mik3y08 View Post
      For the premium we pay for the iPhone, this should automatically be done.
      fleurya -
      Quote Originally Posted by mik3y08 View Post
      Because it's so hard for Apple to make that happen automatically?? Why should I have to ask a question twice and change it just because Apple created this problem? Why does it do a search by default for every other thing Siri can't do except this??

It's not like this was an accident or some software restriction/glitch. Apple intentionally programmed this in to push their service in a very customer unfriendly way. And that's just crap any way you look at it. It's right right to do it, but it doesn't make it the right thing to do.

What's next? My iPhone won't give me the time because I don't own an Apple Watch?
      repoman16 -
      Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
      Because it's so hard for Apple to make that happen automatically?? Why should I have to ask a question twice and change it just because Apple created this problem? Why does it do a search by default for every other thing Siri can't do except this??

It's not like this was an accident or some software restriction/glitch. Apple intentionally programmed this in to push their service in a very customer unfriendly way. And that's just crap any way you look at it. It's right right to do it, but it doesn't make it the right thing to do.

What's next? My iPhone won't give me the time because I don't own an Apple Watch?
      What's next? Apple is going to start secretly putting U2 songs I don't want on my phone taking up storage that I can't get back without doing some loophole workaround??? oh wait....

Every time I hear about something like this it makes me cringe and want to say screw Apple.... but I do love my phone still
      SmurfedYoMom -
      Quote Originally Posted by repoman16 View Post
      What's next? Apple is going to start secretly putting U2 songs I don't want on my phone taking up storage that I can't get back without doing some loophole workaround??? oh wait....

Every time I hear about something like this it makes me cringe and want to say screw Apple.... but I do love my phone still
      Lmfaooo yeaa they pulled a fast one with that U2 crap they did
      fleurya -
      Quote Originally Posted by repoman16 View Post

Different issue entirely in that case Apple was giving something, not taking away. Also it only downloaded onto people's phone who had their phone set to automatically download. Also, you could delete it immediately.
      WHUDS -
      Sounds like a new law suit, love how apple gets away with this crap. M$ got into trouble for stuff like this
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook