• First Beta of iOS 9.2 Seeded to Developers for Testing

On Tuesday, Apple has seeded the first beta of iOS 9.2 to developers for testing with the build number of 13C055d. iOS 9.2 beta is available to developers for iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads, and has been released one week after the official public release of iOS 9.1.

iOS 9.2 isn't a huge upgrade from iOS 9.1, but it does include some new features as have been pointed out by various reports, such as an easy way to reload Web pages without content blockers in Mobile Safari by tapping and holding on the Reload button, and improved support for third-party sharing extensions in Mobile Safari.

Developers can upgrade to iOS 9.2 beta by visiting the developer section of Apple's Web site or by updating over the air (OTA) from Settings > General > Software Update on a device that has been registered with a developer account.

Public Beta Participants aren't able to upgrade to iOS 9.2 at this time, but it should only be a few weeks before Public Beta Participants can upgrade as well.

Source: MacRumors
    This article was originally published in forum thread: First Beta of iOS 9.2 Seeded to Developers for Testing started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 7 Comments
      NewD -
      This is great. Let's get out as many updates as possible before the next jailbreak team jailbreaks it. Then we'll have as stable an Apple firmware with as much functionality as possible before we get the next jailbreak.

As my good friend, MamaJaay, recently said: "this is Apple's new way of forestalling jailbreaks; lots of mini firmware updates closely packed together". But that strategy will ultimately fail. Because "our" FU is stronger than Apple's... [emoji23]
      hogcia -
      I plan on staying on 9.02 for a looong time.
      iBwizzle -
      Sheesh... By the time I restore and upgrade my iPad 2 from 7.1.1 or iPad Air 2 from 8.4.1 iOS 10 will be released in a month! I'm glad I'm no longer dependent on keeping up with the latest apps.
      NewD -
      Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
      I plan on staying on 9.02 for a looong time.
      Absolutely.. 9.2 will quite a hard nut to crack. The 'rootless' issue is still out there that hasn't really been dealt with. The 'photos worm' exploit that ih8sn0w sold to Pangu is the exploit he's had from iOS5 days - which is why he was always able to jailbreak before anyone else all these firmwares since. The Photos worm is a bit of a non-standard way in which wouldn't be thwarted by the 'rootless' issue. So we just plain got LUCKY that ih8 was willing to sell his 'easy in' exploit to Pangu to get us an early JB for iOS9. The photos worm exploit was closed in 9.1 - so he knew it was time to sell.

But I think it's given people a false sense of 'easiness' about jailbreaking iOS9. I'm prone to predictions - and mine is that we may be waiting a VERY long time for the 9.2 or .3 JB. Taig (and Pangu) are GOOD.. But this 'rootless' thing is a tough nut to crack from what I'm reading.

If you want to be jailbroken ANY TIME SOON.. My suggestion is to get to 9.0.2 TODAY.. NOW.. before the window closes.. You will be waiting QUITE a while to get another JB.
      NewD -
      PANGU FOR MAC just RELEASED... Go get it before window closes..
      eballesq -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
      If you want to be jailbroken ANY TIME SOON.. My suggestion is to get to 9.0.2 TODAY.. NOW.. before the window closes.. You will be waiting QUITE a while to get another JB.
      "I'll take, name-something-someone-said-after-every-iOS-release-since-2008 for $200, Alex."
      bmwraw8482 -
      So since I never use safari (I [emoji173]️chrome), this update sounds useless...correct?
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook