• A Third of iPhone Buyers in Q4 2015 Were Android Switchers

Apple CEO Tim Cook said today during the company’s quarterly earnings call that 30% of iPhone purchasers this quarter switched over from Android smartphones. Cook noted that this is the highest rate of switchers they have ever seen and measured in a single three-month period. The 30% statistic however, refers to those who upgraded from an Android and not first-time purchasers.

The Cupertino-based company started measuring switch statistics since three years ago and apparently this switch rate was the largest ever recorded. He said, “it's a huge number and we're very proud of it.” Apple believes the first quarter of fiscal 2016 will also be a strong one as holiday season is coming up. This number is definitely not surprising as Apple’s decision to make their device larger was definitely the way to intrigue Android users.

Competition between iOS and Android have always been big, but it seems companies are fighting over one another more so in the last few years. Samsung was caught trying to steal Apple clients when they were on line to pickup the iPhone 6s last month. Apple on the other hand, developed a website specifically called ‘Android Switchers’ last year. Do you think the percentage of Android swtichers will continue to grow? Share your thoughts with us in the section below.

Source: Apple
    This article was originally published in forum thread: A Third of iPhone Buyers in Q4 2015 Were Android Switchers started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 6 Comments
      Googly2moogly -
      Every funking year they say the same thing! Apple's marketing strategy...
      fleurya -
      Just because they say the same thing doesn't make it false. Every year they say they've sold the most iPhones ever, but it's true.

Having said that, a key point Cook leaves out is how many switched from iPhone to Android. I'm sure there are some, but given that the smartphone market, or at least premium price smartphone market, is probably mostly saturated now, and iPhone sales continue to grow in raw sales and market share, there must be many more switching to iPhone then from it.
      Clem-Clone -
      I switched my gf and she couldn't be happier with her iP6
      steve-z17 -
      I'm curious to know if Apple gets part of their numbers from the new app that migrates Android users to iPhone now. If not I'd still like to know how many people have used it.
      WHUDS -
      Quote Originally Posted by Googly2moogly View Post
      Every f' year they say the same thing! Apple's marketing strategy...
      Well after 5 years of having Iphones my wife tried a samsung S6 edge, after 3 days lots of bad words I had to buy her a new Iphone 6,...... she's now very very happy

What we learned is android is different and full of crap ware. It does not work like ios
      swifty7 -
      This year I6s plus 128gb truly rules. I have never used a smartphone this fast, it's crazy fast! Coming from a 4s with 8.4 was truly shocking. I can't imagine nothing slowing it down. I will probably be using the I6s plus for the next 5 years or until it breaks....LOL!!!
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook