• Apple Stops Signing iOS 9.0.2, No Longer Possible to Downgrade to Jailbreakable Firmware

Following the Public Beta Program release of iOS 9.2 on Thursday, Apple is no longer signing iOS 9.0.2.

What this means is that users can no longer downgrade their firmware to iOS 9.0.2, which is the last jailbreakable firmware to date thanks to the Pangu jailbreak team. Currently, there is no jailbreak for the public release of iOS 9.1, or for the iOS 9.2 beta that is currently in circulation among developers and Public Beta Program participants.

It's indeed a sad day for anyone that intended to upgrade to iOS 9.0.2 and jailbreak, or downgrade back to iOS 9.0.2 and jailbreak, as users will now be prompted (and forced) to install iOS 9.1 instead. Now, the only other option to jailbreakers is to wait and hold out on whatever firmware they're on until a new jailbreak is released. Those that are already jailbroken can stay where they are and take advantage of the Cydia Impactor tool whenever Saurik is able to get around to updating it for iOS 9.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Stops Signing iOS 9.0.2, Now Not Possible to Downgrade to Jailbreakable Firmware started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 39 Comments
      xushi -
      Fish...

What about those of us who upgraded to 9.0.2, and have either jailbroken and stuck with Cydia crashing on load, or not JB yet waiting for a fix?

We can't restore, and we're stuck... Can't Pangu release some fix for Cydia crash?
      Phoenix199018 -
      Quote Originally Posted by xushi View Post
      Fish...

What about those of us who upgraded to 9.0.2, and have either jailbroken and stuck with Cydia crashing on load, or not JB yet waiting for a fix?

We can't restore, and we're stuck... Can't Pangu release some fix for Cydia crash?
      U tried closing the application from multitasking and do a hard reset on the phone (holding down power and home button until apple logo shows up, thn let go)?
      BenderRodriguez -
      Fish...

Cydia will load you just haven't been taught this trick,

reboot the phone with HOLDING the Volume UP button until it boots, bam Cydia loads, hacks are off, now try uninstalling some some tweaks then reboot like normal, repeat when necessary

This might help some, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...=0&single=true

also adblocker for me crashes it so that I have to do this to uninstall it
      xushi -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix199018 View Post
      U tried closing the application from multitasking and do a hard reset on the phone (holding down power and home button until apple logo shows up, thn let go)?

Yes the app was closed.

I did (and again just now). That didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
      Cydia will load you just haven't been taught this trick,

reboot the phone with HOLDING the Volume UP button until it boots, bam Cydia loads, hacks are off, test until you can get Cydia to load on normal boot, you'll have to reboot a couple of times but you'll find the issue

This might help some, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...=0&single=true

also adblocker for me crashes it so that I have to do this to uninstall it

Tried that too unfortunately.

I tested with a power off then on with volume UP held down, as well as a full reset (home + power) plus volume UP.

Still the same problem. Cydia launches, says "Preparing File System...", and then crashes. All that in about 1 second.

Oh, and the link above may be broken, gives me a 404. Can you maybe try shortening it say like bit.li ?

Thanks!
      ryanDC -
      Good job we saved our shsh blobs [emoji19]
      Phoenix199018 -
      Yes the app was closed.

I did (and again just now). That didn't help.

Tried that too unfortunately.

I tested with a power off then on with volume UP held down, as well as a full reset (home + power) plus volume UP.

Still the same problem. Cydia launches, says "Preparing File System...", and then crashes. All that in about 1 second.

Oh, and the link above may be broken, gives me a 404. Can you maybe try shortening it say like bit.li ?

Thanks!
      U tried rejailbreaking it?
      arempee -
      It was right on time for me to downgrade from 9.1 to 9.0.2 when PanGu jailbreak became available for Mac[emoji1]
      So far, no problems with my iPhone 6S+ with the PanGu jailbreak... Who needs all the extra emoji's from 9.1 anyways?[emoji12]️
      kickerman65 -
      Its ok. TaiG will release a 9.1 jailbreak here shortly.
      vitaminme -
      9.1 Really?
      Phoenix199018 -
      Lol I like the positive thinking so early.
      vitaminme -
      9.0.2 is slow AF & the quick reply feature is buggy too.
      lol so desperately waiting for 9.1 JB
      krayzeeman -
      According to the Pangu website the 9.1 jailbreak should come out tomorrow:
      iOS 9.1 Jailbreak

Warning: FAKE
      bbrks -
      That's a fake big time. Stay away from it.The only official Pangu site is: PanGu iOS 9 jailbreak tool - pangu.io
      vitaminme -
      That's a FAKE site.
      benk9 -
      Luckily I managed to restore my 6s last night, after it decided to go into BLOD mode and re-jailbreak [emoji57]
      StaceyMJ86 -
      Glad I restored to 9.0.2 for my other idevices and jailbroke before yesterday.
      cpotoso -
      I really dislike how apple keeps forcing people's hands.
      hogcia -
      I have 5 iPhones in my household, all with 9.02 JB no issues at all, we are all happy!

iPhone 5, 5s, 6+, 6s & 6s+ [emoji1]
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
      I have 5 iPhones in my household, all with 9.02 JB no issues at all, we are all happy!

iPhone 5, 5s, 6+, 6s & 6s+ [emoji1]
      Same here. Two 5Ss, 6 Plus, 6S Plus, iPad Mini 2, iPod 5th Gen all on 9.0.2 jailbroken.
      Bo Troxell -
      For me, at least 12 devices for family, friends and employees, not 1 issue. All set up as New, then jailbroke before adding any apps or tweaks.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook